“Fantastic cafe”
Review of Cafe Baku

Cafe Baku
Ranked #1 of 9 Coffee & Tea in Taupo
Description: Cafe and Menu Food; European style cafe with views of Lake Taupō and the mountains of Tongariro National Park. Great Food, Friendly Staff, Spectacular Views, Reasonable Prices.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went for brunch yesterday and it was so good we went back for lunch today. Coffee was excellent. Service was fast and friendly. We had a mixture of menu and cabinet food and it was all fabulous. The Calamari was so tender and tasty I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

Decor and cabinet selection looked great.
We may have made a mistake ordering from the menu... ordered pancakes and they were out of a packet and just warmed up and put on the plate. The bacon was mostly fat and the quantity was small. The banana was well cooked but got only half a banana! Very stingy on the bacon and banana.
The coffee was too strong for my liking and yet I’m a big coffee drinker.
Wouldn’t visit again.

Reviewed August 31, 2018

Great food and a good selection at reasonable prices ..
Chose from the cabinet or order from the menu. Meal sizes are generous and food delicious. Service was excellent and meals arrived in good time. I can highly recommend this Cafe.

1  Thank MikeL5544
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

I am a regular visitor to this up-market cafe. It is always busy and warm with a nice friendly ambience. Good food, excellent coffee and outstanding staff - overall a great mix for success. The waterfront location is good - in my opinion it is probably the best cafe in Taupo and there are many to choose from!

It is easy to return on a regular basis.

1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed August 28, 2018

My first time here and we had a family group including a 4-month old baby. It was a winter's morning and the place was warm and busy. Coffee was excellent and everyone had a different breakfast. I usually have my favourite if a cafe has it which is the Pomodoro Baked Eggs and this one is the best I have had. Not too spicy and yet it had all the extra bits and pieces. The Eggs Benedict had a tasty sauce. A member of our group had the Works Breakfast and this is the dish I normally get to compare with other cafes. At $22 this was excellent value and value is all I care about. A lovely morning before our long drive north.

1  Thank ArcticTurtle