- Fantastic location, immediately opposite the lake.
- Car parking on site.
- Helpful & friendly guy on reception.
- Free pint of milk so you can have a cuppa without having to dash to the shops.
- Vast array of take-aways and restaurants within a stones throw (McD's, Burger King, KFC, Indian, Thai, Chinese, Cafes, Bars, Pubs etc).
- Longer stayers will appreciate the microwave and hob in the kitchen.
- Great bathroom with shower unit AND spa bath.
- I thought $125 was a tad pricey, although that did seem to be the norm in the Taupo area.
- The matress and pillows could do with an upgrade as they were really soft and quite musty smelling.
- Whilst it seemed clean, I did spot quite a number of cobwebs loitering about so could probably do with a big spring clean and spruce up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 15 self-contained motel units, studio and one bedroom, situated only a couple of minutes walk from the town centre. There are also 2 bedroom / 2 bathroom lakefront apartments. Some units have large spa baths, all units have a kitchen with microwave, hotplates, fridge and kitchen utensils. Sky TV is available as well as Freeview channels. We are across the road from lovely Lake Taupo with views to the mountains, but only the apartments get uninterrupted views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Great Lake Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.