Courtney Motel
Hilton Lake Taupo(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$126
$120
Hilton
  • Pool
$95
Cascades Lakefront Motel(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$90
Wairakei Resort Taupo(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$114
  • Pool
$146
$119
Official Site
Gables Lakefront Motel(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$120
$115
Agoda.com
Sails On The Lake(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$111
$102
$108
$102
Prince Motor Lodge(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$89
Agoda.com
Le Chalet Suisse Motel(Taupo)(Great Value!)
$88
$80
Agoda.com
All reviewsshort walk from the lakereal milkbedroom unitwithin walking distanceupon checkplunger coffeelarge bathroomwi fiair conditioninga great staysky tvlake taupothe kitchenvoyagekitchenetteshowerbedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Comfortable lower budget accom. Had wiring issue meaning appliances faulted but staff attended immediately. Room quite small but very good value with Grab One deal Just off main road so nice and quiet

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Minstrel2013
traveller19701, Owner at Courtney Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Thanks for taking time to review your recent stay at Courtney Motel. We aim to provide the best value Budget Motel accommodation while offering our friendly service. I'm glad you have enjoyed your stay in Taupo. We have remedied the electrical problem you experienced during your stay, and do apologise for this. We look forward to welcoming you back to Taupo at some time in the furture.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I bought a "2-Bedroom Unit for 2 nights" deal for Courtney Motel from a local New Zealand group buying site on 15 May 2014. I then contacted the motel straight away to book for the next weekend (23-24 May). No hassle there as booking went smoothly and the staff (Leoni) was also very friendly. We met her during check-in and she was very warm and pleasant in person as well. The motel itself was close to the lake and town. It's just next to Quest Taupo and seemed to be under the same management (as the reception is at Quest, and the motel guest uses the pool at Quest). Frankly, I've only got a chance to read the reviews for this motel on TripAdvisor just a few hours prior to leaving for our trip to Taupo. It's my habit to look at the most recent bad reviews to avoid any unpleasant surprises. Suffice to say I was pretty nervous and had braced myself for an unpleasant experience. Fortunately, my personal experience with the accommodation was very different from the bad reviews I've read. For one, we were very satisfied with the service. As I mentioned earlier, Leoni at reception was super nice. We asked for the spa room key when we checked in since it was a cold day and my husband would like to have a nice warm bath in the spa tub after the long drive from Auckland City. The sign says spa usage was only up until 8:30pm, and I think it was around 7pm at the time, but Leoni kindly let us keep the key until the next morning so we can take our time to use the spa once we've put our luggage away in our room. The spa was in an enclosed building accessible only to those with the key so you can use it with privacy. Considering we did book our motel room at a discounted price (nearly half the published rate), I was pleasantly surprised to find (1) some complimentary Cadbury mint chocolates and good quality albeit non-vegetarian butter cookies in our room (2) that we've been upgraded to a three-bedroom unit instead of two with no additional charges (3) our rooms made up when we came back from sightseeing the next day - usually with this sort of deals the hotels/motels won't even bother to make up the rooms if it's for more than a night stay. Even all the plates and utensils we've used (our room has a full kitchen) was washed and put neatly away. So I feel the exceptional service they've rendered us do warrant an excellent rating. I can see that they have put an effort to ensure everything is clean and tidy. Bear in mind this is not a 5-star resort so some e.g. utensils and cupboards do look worn and not sparkling new, though were nevertheless pretty clean. The only reason I put the cleanliness as average is that the tile flooring from kitchen to the bathroom felt a bit oily/sticky. It was more so when it got wet - even the slightest (e.g. if you walk out of the shower and did not properly dry your feet). I suspect it has more to do with the chemical that they used to wash the floors with. We had to use a few foot towels/bathroom mats around the bathroom and kitchen, (luckily they provided plenty) to avoid the icky sticky floor. The spa water also seemed dirty the friday night we had a go at it, but to be fair we were the last to use it for that day. My husband said it was clean when he used it again the morning before we check-out on Sunday. But overall, I am pretty impressed (although I did arrive with a very low expectation of it) and felt it was a great value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank ilsa_family
traveller19701, Owner at Courtney Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comprehensive review. Your feedback is essential to enable us to meet our objective of providing our guests with the best value budget accommodation option option in Taupo and we appreciate the time you have taken. The team at Courtney Motel look forward to welcoming you back to Taupo at some time in the future.

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

We arrive by bus and the location was fare ....to found the hotel as we go by walking not by taxi or car, but the lady at reception was friendly amd helpfull small motel ok for new zeland ...the corner bath was very good mini kitchen to do coffee etc was suitable for us .... heater was food as for us new zeland so cold either in full summer.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank superstar0307
traveller19701, Owner at Courtney Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at Courtney Motel. Your feedback is important to us. I am pleased we were able to make your stay in Taupo more enjoyable. It is our aim to provide the best value budget accommodation in Taupo so you spend less on accommodation giving you the freedom to enjoy the huge array of local adventure activities. We look forward to welcoming you back to Taupo at some time in the future.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Stayed with friends in a 2 bedroom unit which had a 3rd room with a single, so great for families.

Clean and comfortable. Well stocked kitchenette, we cooked dinner there which saved us some cash and was good to be able to do this.

Located short walk from town centre but only few minutes from lake.

There is a hot tub on site and access to pool next door but didn't use these.

Receptionist extremely friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank MakeupI
traveller19701, Owner at Courtney Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to provide a review of your recent stay at Courtney Motel. Your feedback is important to us and readers of Trip Advisor. We are glad we were able to contribute to making your stay in Taupo enjoyable. The team at Courtney Motel aim to provide the best value budget accommodation with unit options to suit all needs in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. We would love to welcome you back when you are next in Taupo.

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

I found the pictures on the website very misleading. The pool is located at the Quest next door, so technically it is not part of the Courtney Motel. Our oven was disgusting & in desparate need of a clean. The storage cupboard in kitchen was dirty so we didnt store anything in there. Would have loved to be greeted by a smiling face (female manager) at reception which was not the case. The room was spacious & quiet which was good.

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Piarimu
traveller19701, Owner at Courtney Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your recent stay at Courtney Motel. Your feedback is important to us in order that we are able to maintain our normally high standards of Housekeeping. In this instance it would appear we have not met our goal in this regard and for this, I apologise. I have reviewed our housekeeping proceedures and made amendments to ensure that we do not experience a repeat of this oversight. The heated swimming and spa complex is located within the grounds of the adjacent "Sister" property (20 metres walk from Courtney Motel) and is fully available for all Courtney Motel Guests use. It is our aim to provide the best value 3 star affordable accommodation in Taupo and would hope to be able to welcome you back to Taupo at some stage in the future.