“Awesome but pricey...”

PaNKaWaLLa
Ranked #8 of 179 Restaurants in New Plymouth
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Contemporary upmarket authentic Indian Malay restaurant with a point of difference. We also specialise in craft beer and good selection of single malt/ blended whisky. Please ask about the upcoming tasting nights. Private whisky lockers are also available.
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Awesome service and food. Best in NPL but they are pricey, can be one off celebration point not a regular eatery. ..

Its cousin India Today can be the regular one... as its more value for money...

1  Thank Prashin K

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Awesome Food and Service. Naan Bread is what i am fan of. I have tried heaps of Indian Restaurants in NZ but really this Dine In respectfully appeals for Good food and Service. Butter Chicken taste so good that its hard to stop yourself to order another one . Lady Manager every visit makes us Smile and add extra pound on our enjoyment. In the end we will say that The food and service are both excellent. This place is a Real Gem.

Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

The food as always is impeccable here especially for the price they charge. We chose Pankawalla for my birthday lunch & thought we'd celebrate getting another year older with a single drink each as we have a baby. This is something small but I was quite annoyed. I ordered a small sparkling wine with food and my husband asked for some kind of beer (in a bottle) to be told that they only had a larger size than normal and the lady serving told my husband he couldn't have it because she thought he shouldn't have more than an average beer at lunchtime! Then made him pick another. If I'd heard this we would have stuck to water saying an extra $20 or so. As a bar manager previously I know for a fact you are not allowed to voice your moral opinions. My husband was really embarrassed and did not speak up. Again this may be small but I didn't think it was valid to tell a sober male with a family that he wasn't allowed a beer because they didn't have the right size in the first place and having one large beer would not have made him intoxicated especially when he'd ordered a large meal to go with it.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

The food and decor was superb and high class. I loved the Korma and the drinks were fantastic. I do noyt like having to make these reviews 50 characters.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Go there regularly and always have a wonderful meal! Absolutely delightful staff and great service! Cannot say more really - wonderful food!