“Night one in New Plymouth”

Marinovich's Seafood Restaurant & Cafe
Ranked #62 of 164 Restaurants in New Plymouth
Cuisines: Seafood, New Zealand
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Napier, New Zealand
“Night one in New Plymouth”
Reviewed June 19, 2011

After a long day, the Hotel Restuarant just did not look enticing. Marinovichs however did! Fantastic Tarakihi crumbed with genuine home made chips and salad. Good service to top it off. Many thanks.

auckland
“traditional fish and chips in a cafe with some style”
Reviewed July 31, 2010

Portions were too big - ask for a half portion to survive beyond the mains. Good value and well cooked though the beer batter was a little oily. The fish was obviously fresh and the setting ok. Dont go for inspiration but do go for good 'ol F&C.

Pattaya, Thailand
“This is a must”
Reviewed May 16, 2010

This is where the locals eat,even recommend at the Information centre.
Went twice, its great with many dishes to chose from. The fish of the day ( usually 4/5 ) is fresh and delicious Also steaks etc

1 Thank Barry-Jang
Sydney
“Great fish, inexpensive and BYO”
Reviewed February 4, 2010

During our travels, we are always on the lookout for a restaurant that serves good food, is inexpensive and allows BYO. Frankly, these are few and far between. However, we did find one in New Plymouth – Marinovich’s Seafood Restaurant & Café. It’s been in business for years and, as the name implies, focuses on seafood. It had 5 different types of fresh fish available when we visited, and you could have them in a variety of ways. My wife selected the fish (snapper) and chips and pronounced the batter the best she ever had, as delicate as tempura. It was accompanied by coleslaw.8/10. I had grilled John Dory with a creamy lemon and chive sauce, accompanied by a garden salad and some overcooked brocollini (the only disappointment).8/10. The service was excellent – friendly and efficient – and a real ice bucket was provided for our wine, as opposed to the useless cylindrical dry containers often used. The setting, though certainly not sumptuous, was quite pleasant, with an open kitchen and good space between tables. We were impressed enough to visit it twice during our two-night stay in New Plymouth. Recommended.

1 Thank marigor
Taranaki
“scallops”
Reviewed August 25, 2009

After being invited out with a group of friends to Marinovich's for a meal before a show I wished I had stayed home. I had the worst case of food poisoning ever . Within 4 to 5 hours of the meal which I must admit did taste great I was violently ill for 24 hours and some. Almost hospital material. I did ring the restaurant in question and spoke to" the person in charge" 2 days after my ordeal. They said they would get their boss to ring me .. I am still waiting. It wouldnt have hurt "The Boss" to contact me . I hope they didnt contine to use the same batch of scollops I had.