“Very impressed”

Bella Vita
Ranked #19 of 182 Restaurants in New Plymouth
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open for Lunch everyday 11:30am to 2:30pm Open for Dinner everyday 5pm to late
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Another wonderful evening meal, we both had pasta before the Brass Band Nationals and we both thought it was excellent. There was a couple of big tables next door and the noise was not a problem. Excellent service and food

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I have not visited the beautiful country of Italy like my fellow reviewer below but I hope when I visit the food tastes as delicious as the meals I have had at Bella Vita :) Having never visited Italy I cannot proclaim to be an expert, but I am a lover of great quality fresh food and of good wine. And I found both at Bella Vita, so much so I visited twice in a week. I recommend a glass of Chianti, vegetarian cannelloni, and to finish the divine pear, fig and chocolate tart! Bellissimo! The service was fantastic too, very friendly and just the right amount of attentiveness! The gorgeous Italian waiter who served us was a nice addition to my visit as well, he did a great job ;) Overall a lovely little restaurant.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have been travelling to New Plymouth every month on business for the last 6 years and have given Bella Vita a couple of goes, and everytime have been disappointed - Italian they are not. Having lived in an Italian community for several years the food they serve is not what I would call Italian and far from authentic.
I have always ordered delivery to my room, and either I have ended up cancelling my order as they have taken over 2 hours to deliver, or have been extremely disappointed when I have received my order.
My latest eperience was pizza with an extremely soggy base and favourless topping.
From reading other reviews perhaps they are better at dine in...

1  Thank Shona B
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We were walk-ins on what was a busy night. Seated quickly by friendly staff and menues delivered and drinks orders taken without delay. Food orders taken by staff prepared to explain the dishes. Pane and bruschetta delivered as starters in very good time, and very tasty. Mains were great - a good size, well cooked. Table service was excellent. Staff were attentive without being intrusive; friendly and engaging. Decor and atmosphere are impressive. Understated elegance that is welcoming but just a little bit special. Pricing is no problem. $120 for three, including food and wine. Overall, thank you, and well done.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Went to Bella Vita last night with a group of friends and family to celebrate my birthday. 11 of us and we had a fantastic evening. Food was of the very best quality. Staff were very capable and very pleasant. No problem that we were splitting the bill either.