“Sloooow”

Arborio Restaurant, Cafe & Bar
Ranked #28 of 181 Restaurants in New Plymouth
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary, Cafe, New Zealand
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: If you are looking for one of New Plymouth’s best dining experiences, look no further. Situated within the Puke Ariki museum on St Aubyn street, noted for its stunning architecture and outstanding sea views, Arborio is open seven days from breakfast through to late night snacks and bar service. Here you can enjoy Arborio’s warm and genuine service, welcoming decor and tasty, generous fare. The emphasis at Arborio is on flavour using the freshest seasonal produce that can be sourced for our delicious New Zealand cuisine and authentic pizzas, pastas and risottos. Arborio, a great New Plymouth restaurant, see you there! Simon & Marnie x
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Frustratingly slow service. Slow to take you to a seat, slow to take your order and even slower to produce the food. Nice place and nice food just don't go if your in any kind of hurry. Also found the cafe to be too nosey for my liking, loud music and large open spaces that the public access to the museum. In terms of the food not many choices it was nicely presented however just average tasting.

MarnieJS, Owner at Arborio Restaurant, Cafe & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post these comments.

I regret to hear that your experience did not meet the mark this time, my sincere apologies. I hope that you will consider contacting us at the restaurant if you would like to discuss your experience any further.

We value feedback such as this so that we can continue to improve.

Kinds regards,

Marnie Johnston-Saywell
Owner

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have visited Arborio twice over the last month & each time the experience has been fantastic. The food is great & service is outstanding. The team at Arborio really know how to look after you. Will definitely be returning in the very near future.

Thank you so much for your awesome feedback! We really appreciate you taking the time to detail your experience - it means a great deal to the team, thanks! Hope you will come and visit us again :)

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I live in New Plymouth and often go to Arborio, Their mussels are to die for and there is a good variety of food to suit everyone's needs and wants. Desserts are also amazing,my favourite being the creme brulee with the pina colada sorbet. Service has always been good everytime I've been there, (and trust me, I've been there ALOT) ;) Arborio also has a waterfront view which makes it unique from other restaurants in town. All in all a great place and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I visited Aborio early November 2012, would recommend it to locals and visitors alike. The setting and location are great. Food was yummy (risotto recommended!!). Service was friendly and topped off a perfect night. We will be back...

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We had a late meeting and just caught the kitchen before closing. The pizzas are yummy, however it could have done with a bit more grilling. The service has always let me down when I go there and it actually puts me off taking visitors there

MarnieJS, Owner at Arborio Restaurant, Cafe & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to review Arborio and your experience in March this year - we love that you enjoy our Pizzas! We take pride in delivering great customer service and it is disappointing to hear that the service you have received in the past did not meet your expectations.

Over the past eight months we have been committed to staff training and delivering a consistent level of service and based on reviews and feedback over recent months it is really being recognised. We also have a new Head Chef and the pizzas are absolutely delicious!

We would love it if you gave us another opportunity to show you what a great experience at Arborio is like!

Kind regards,