“A great time with great hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of THE DON CAFE AND BISTRO - CLOSED

THE DON CAFE AND BISTRO
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
New Plymouth, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great time with great hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2014

Being my birthday I wanted to have an Italian meal with friends. I was wanting an experience that was fun and relaxed with great flavours.
What we found was perfect with the hosts ensuring we were looked after fantastically. The waiting staff were patient and took the time to describe the dishes. Recommendations were made that proved to be winners. The bottle of Italian red was appreciated so much a second was bought. Overall we had a great time that was enhanced by the host and the facilities! 10/10

London, United Kingdom
“Outstanding Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

Visited on a Monday night. Wonderful service (friendly and helpful but not too invasive), incredible food (especially the calamari), beautiful wine and a well recommended port. Would highly recommend and can't wait to return.

Kaimiro
“A quality start”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

The restaurant only opened a week before our visit. The staff was very friendly and caring. The service was fast. Several times we were checked whether everything was ok. And the food was excellent and with the right proportions.

A quality start for this new restaurant that will make us to come back for more :)

1 Thank Peter T
Pattaya, Thailand
“A Place You Can't Refuse !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I called in on a cold, wet & windy Monday evening and we were warmly greeted and the service continued to be in the same vane all the way through the meal. The food was piping hot with hot plates and best of all deliciously tasty, all cooked by the Italian Chef. Try the bruschetta for starters, spaghetti polpetta and penne fungi for mains, finish it off with the devine Apple/Rhubarb crumble. A great meal, great service and all at very reasonable prices.

3 Thank Tom E
“I want to go back .cant wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

Went to this new restautsnt last night.even though free pizza tasting night was going on.so kind gentleman ask us to have one free pizza.which were seem like they are very honest.i like the wine menu .all wines are new to me .but i tried one of my favourite brand lake chalice.was amazing .staff was perfectly trained on drinks and food. Amazing over all and me and my partner loved this new restaursnt alot.
Highly recomended.keep it up DON DON DON.WILL BACK AGAIN