“Great Ribs”

Ranked #47 of 182 Restaurants in New Plymouth
Cuisines: American, New Zealand
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Lone Star New Plymouth is located in the center of the CBD, being one street off the central shopping street, and one block from the water front. It is a favourite for locals serving huge great value meals coupled with fast and friendly service. Lone Star can seat up to 120 people, and in addition offers a private function that caters for up to 35 people with no room hire charges. It is the perfect venue for winter dining with two fires, or the ideal summer venue with a large outdoor dining area.
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We dined here on January 5 2014. We all had an excellent meal starting with the crispy salt and pepper calamari which we shared. The meals are so large that an entrée of ribs with a side of roast veges was enough for me. The service was really good and we all enjoyed our meal.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I went to Lone Star on Wednesday night with some friends and just wanted to say that compared to our last visit there this one was great. Great service and great food. No complaints at all.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Me and my mate were out on a one day business trip to New Plymouth and tried food at Lonestar, have no words that how wonderful my steak was my mate had prawns and he loved it too. I ordered medium rare steak was cooked to the perfection. I would strongly recommend this restaurant to all the visitors. Last but not the least Staff was really nice and friendly. Will definitely try it again

Cheers Lonestar

Tim Harrison

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Absolutely loving the dining experience at Lone Star!
The restaurant was quite full but that didn't stop the waitress from being at our table when ever we needed and she was very lovely, especially how she kept the kids entertained with coloring in asking them about there day, Service was Immaculate and even though i cant eat gluten, there was still a large range of choices for me with out any problems what so ever!
I rate Lone Star 12/10 and i will surely be back !

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I've visited the Lone Star in New Plymouth on multiple occasions such as birthdays, get togethers and family dinners. The food tastes great and the portions are amazing, once you've dined here you will find yourself feeling completely satisfied.

Keep it up Lone Star!