“Great Restaurant”

Ranked #13 of 179 Restaurants in New Plymouth
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2013

It was our 40th Wedding Anniversary so looked for a good restaurant in New Plymouth. Decided the ambience of this place was probably the best as it was a Sunday night.

It has a lovely outside area that is just beautiful and we would go back again to sit out there when we come back next year in the summer.

I had the Pork Belly appetiser which was really delicious and my husband had the Bouillabaisse which also was delicious. They stocked Tupari Sauvignon Blanc, which is a great wine that we tried on the South Island in Marlborough, from the Awatere Valley.

Then he had the Lamb Rack with minted risotto and chorizo and I had the Rib Eye Steak with Smoked Oyster Butter both good choices. Shared the Syrup Sponge for desert and had a couple of glasses of dessert wine which were great.

Would definitely recommend for a visit if you are in New Plymouth....

Reviewed April 13, 2013

A wonderful birthday treat, exceptional food, great wait service, cooked perfectly. Can't wait to dine here again. Thanks

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

If you're wanting something special and are willing to pay top dollar, you can't go wrong here.

We really enjoyed 'Table'. What really stood out, was the exceptional wait staff and stunning out-door seating... the food was good too :-)

1  Thank Brent S
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I happened to be in NP for a family reunion and was charged with selecting somewhere suitable for a special night out. I asked around the locals and the same few names cropped up. Having inspected the menus it was Table that shouted out to me. What a fantastic choice it was too. From arrival until we made our leave our experience was faultless. A sublime 'chicken and leak' soup shot was served as a pre-starter and it all went uphill from there. The food was superb. All boxes were ticked from flavour combinations, quality of ingredients, portion sizes etc. I unusually had 3 courses, which baring in mind the huge KIwi portion sizes was a welcomed triumph.
The wine list is first class and they staff know their way around it....i highly recommend the fantastic "Dada 2".
When i revisit i will look to stay in the adjoining boutique hotel as the rooms and general ambiance looked great!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

If you are lucky enough to find yourself in New Plymouth make sure you have dinner at Table..The menu is world class with a couple of fantastic share plates as starters. The chicken was my choice on the first visit and was cooked to perfection. The following night I took my sister there and had one of the daily specials..fresh hapuka..omg. It was the best I've ever had. Try the Two Paddocks pinot noir, it goes with everything.