“Brunch”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

Eggs bennie/burgers/chicken...all well presented but the big test is taste. Fantastic!!... The staff were great..all smiles and the food came well before the usual starvation wait we have endured in other places. They want to feed you, not fill you with alcohol. Changed menu to suit individual tastes as well..primo!!!!

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed on campsite near the ugly duck and choose the place from the walking distance. The interior is ordinary like country site and you feel like near your home in pub. The waiter very friendly and took the time with us. We sit on the restaurant side where the menu are spoken to you (quite small) means also easy choice.... After all we got a very delicious meal and a good wine for reasonable money. If you like to enjoy home style cooking go there and try.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

My meal did not impress me. It was expensive for a pub venue, and I did not receive food as stated in the menu. (The vegetables were definitely not nice, or as described).
I mentioned this when paying at the bar, and my request to tell the chef was not well received.
The room is very ordinary for the price of the food, and you have to make your way through all the people standing at the bar in order to get to the toilets.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Had the most wonderful lunch ,, corn fritter with mushrooms, brie, and onion marmalade with tomatoes and sour cream on the side,,,,,,,,,,great price too ,, definitely be going back to the Ugly Duck in Fitzroy,, anyone else looking for it ,, its the side of the pub before you go on the bridge from Fitzroy! Took us a while to find it lol ,, well worth a visit!

Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

After a high recommendation from a friend, my wife & I tried Ugly Duck for dinner while in New Plymouth. The steak was delicious, and my wife's chicken dish was also delicious.