“A slice of Heaven”

Ranked #2 of 24 New Plymouth B&B and Inns
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“A slice of Heaven”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Absolutely fabulous. Jan and Andre are fantastic hosts, they made us feel very welcome, The home is spectacular, the food was amazing, they went out of their way to accommodate us both and the room they gave us suited us to a T.
Highly recommend to all a very pleasurable stay. Thank you so much for having us come and stay. Robin and Joy Perkins

Room Tip: Just leave it up to Jan and Andre they have a sense of what you need.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Andre F, Owner at Tivoli Homestay, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
It was our pleasure to share our 'slice of heaven' with you, and you appreciated and enjoyed the room, food and house.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Masterton, Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I was able to forget everything and just relax, the service I received was magnificent. After a long day's work I could relax with a glass of wine, chatting with the hosts while they are preparing the best meals I've ever had. I felt refresh to start my next day, the bathroom is immaculate, the views from all parts inside the house are awesome!
I will not forget the treats in my room if I wish to have a coffee or tea and the chocolate surprise at bedtime.
I wish I could have stayed longer.
I will definitely recommend Jan and Andre's homestay to any visitor, friend, family passing through New Plymouth.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Andre F, Owner at Tivoli Homestay, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
We are very happy that you relaxed after each day's 'hard work' and could provide the necessary to refresh you for the next day!
Auckland
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed here with other friends for 2 nights in March. I stayed in a very nice and cozy room which was very clean and beautifully decorated. The bed was very comfortable !
The hosts were always friendly , very pleasant and with a happy smile.
Oh.. there was a very friendly small and awesome dog and he was soooo cute .
The breakfast was fabulous. we were spoiled by the variety and quality of food!!!
Arts everywhere and beautiful garden !
Actually I can continue writing more and more...how I enjoyed staying here.
I can highly recommend this B&B !!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Andre F, Owner at Tivoli Homestay, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
We are happy and glad, hence the smiles, when our guests appear happy and satisfied. Glad the room, bed, food, art, garden and little dog, Tokkelos, carried your appreciation!
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We had a wonderful weekend stay at Tivoli home stay. Nothing was too much. This is a very interesting home and a real credit to both Andre and Jan. The attention to detail is amazing, from very comfortable bedrooms and very nice bathroom, to various seating areas to enjoy some magnificent views. These guys are very warm and friendly hosts, we really enjoyed the time spent with them, whether enjoying a drink on the deck or having a quiet chat.

Oh, amazing food too!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Andre F, Owner at Tivoli Homestay, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Great to hear you enjoyed the spaces, comfort, views, hospitality and food. We try to make our valuable guests feel spoilt!
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I felt more comfortable than at home. Pampered by Andre and Jan like family. Their cooking is amazing with their homemade breads and jams. The table setting and service is top notch. Not to mention how well the house is planned out, themed and decorated. I miss their dog already :)

• Stayed March 2013
Andre F, Owner at Tivoli Homestay, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Glad you felt at home and part of the family, Tokkelos included!
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful stay. Jan and Andre are terrific hosts and the care and detail that they put into making their guests have a memorable stay is impressive. Only regret is we didn't stay longer. Thoroughly recommend it if you're passing through New Plymouth.
Terry

• Stayed March 2013
Andre F, Owner at Tivoli Homestay, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
We are so happy to learn that your stay with us was memorable and love to make our guests feel spoilt when they leave! Thank you.
Auckland
Reviewed March 20, 2013

To begin, thank you so much Andre and Jan for accepting my request for wedding catering, on top of your accommodation . The service, food, drinks, & atmosphere were amazing, perfect, beautiful; and absolutely excellent! John and I truly appreciate all the hard work and effort in making our wedding a memorable celebration for us and our guests!

The house itself was a wonderful venue for our special day. It had the most magical atmosphere for our small, intimate wedding. Everything was amazing! Andre and Jan were excellent hosts; they did everything they could to make our day a special one to remember! Thank you for the Champagne and the rose petals on the bed, and the chocolates and sweets here and there were also a lovely personal touch!

The things we loved about this place were the warm South African ambiance and the fact that it is located on a high position providing both near and distance views across the city, to the sea and Mt Taranaki. All rooms are beautifully furnished and decorated, and there are many African rugs and other art throughout the house. Also, there are several different sitting areas, indoor and outdoor, upstairs and downstairs, which serve different purposes, and create different backdrops, perfect for a photoshoot. Katie my photographer, took many photos on the deck, the stairs to the garden and the birdcage in the garden.

The food was top notch, our guests all RAVING about it, the canapés and the different degree of Orgasm (cocktails) were superb! Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes were high quality, and the delicious breakfast had both continental and four cooked breakfasts to choose from. We enjoyed their homemade bread, jam, yogurt, and cheese as well as the African tea.

Tivoli Homestay definitely delivered more than what I expected from any homestay or B&B. My experience with them was better than most service I’ve ever had from five stars hotels!

Thank you Andre and Jan for this amazing weekend that we’ll not forget!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Andre F, Owner at Tivoli Homestay, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
It was our pleasure to host you and be part of your BIG day. It gives us so much pleasure to hear that you appreciated and loved the little things we did and have available.