“Excellent restaurant...”

Add it.
Andre'L'Escargot Restaurant
Cuisines: French
Reviewed October 11, 2013

While living in New Plymouth, we often went to have dinner there. If you wanted a nice meal and a matching wine, that was it. Not anymore...Just sad the owner, Andre, passed away this year. Will never be the same.. RIP Andre..

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is just the best food ever!!! You cannot go wrong with the fine dining they have to offer. Consistently amazing!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Superb food and excellent service. This restaurant can get busy so advisable to book. Drinks all overpriced, but can can recommend the dining experience and will visit again.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

This place came highly recommended and we left very disheartened. By the time of our booking we were one of the only tables in the restaurant. The staff really wanted too get home and have never felt so rushed in all of my dining life. I was lucky with my choices, the prawn cocktail delicious, and the pork belly very tasty. My poor husband was very unfortunate with his choices. His bread was warmed stale bread. His scotch fillet while perfectly cooked was served with undercooked fries & half of the lettuce was brown.
Service was quick...too quick, we had one entree plate cleared as soon as my fork was put down and hubby was still eating his bread. They instantly then came out with the mains within 2 minutes. We did not even bother with dessert, and would have said something too the maitre'd when I paid, but all I got given was the bill and good night. No friendly words or asking how we were. All up our first wedding anniversary dinner that we had travelled to New Plymouth for was 42mins long.
My husband would not return, myself I believe that people have bad days and I believe we were unlucky on the night we dined and would look at the possibility of trying them again next time we are in town.

1  Thank Pleasure_time
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Lovely food & wine, friendly service in a restaurant with good atmosphere. Nice for a romantic meal!