“Volcano View”

Volcanoview Restaurant
Ranked #85 of 179 Restaurants in New Plymouth
Cuisines: Dutch, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Volcanoview Restaurant established 26 January 2011. Friendly priced family restaurant with table service. No need to order at the bar, we come to you. Our food is healthy. Most of the dishes are gluten free, we grow our own lettuce, vegetables, capsicums, bake our own cakes, buns, bread, make our own beef/fish/veggie burger patties and all our sauces. So we know that what we serve is good healthy food. Further we cater for weddings, parties, work do's, functions, funerals, you name it. Average cost for a dinner buffet is $ 37,50 per head. Everyone can use the free pedal carts.Three flying foxes are all located on a private property. If you stick to the rules, nothing is likely to happen. Apart from the restaurant we offer camp ground, cabin and B&B facilities. All reasonable priced and the awesome views of Mt Taranaki are totally free of charge. Hope to see you soon.
Reviewed July 15, 2014

This restaurant has so much to offer. The steak meal is amazing, and their Dutch pancakes are also great for something different Other food is great also.. The view of Mount Taranaki is absolutely beautiful. Also have entertainment for the children,a Two flying foxes which they love and heaps of pedal cars also. I have seen children cry because they don't want to leave.My husband and I go to this restaurant often.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

This was fun. Just walked in with a group of 12 and ordered of the huge menu. What a lot of choice. Service was great and so was the food. Can certainly recommend this restaurant. And the view.....awesome. Will be back soon for dinner

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Finding Volcano View by chance was a streak of luck for me! I had been travelling around the North Island in a camper van, sleeping in my car and eating plain old budget supermarket meals. After hiking to the summit of Mount Taranaki, I found this absolutely cozy restaurant with a prime view on the mountain to simply relax, indulge in a delicious meal and a rum-infused hot chocolate.
The owners, Joep and Anemoon, were so friendly and helpful. It was nice to connect to down-to-earth people when being so far from home on my own.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

My wife and I have eaten and been entertained by Joep here many times, We have never had a bad meal and Jeop is always happy to come and speak with you and spend time out of his busy kitchen to meet his customers. The view of the mountain is a key point in the design and construction of the restaurant and if the weather is nice you will be in for a treat! I have taken friends and family here and they have all loved it, we have also had small events here for work stuff and everyone was happy! As we are local being just down the road in Inglewood its good to have a restaurant with such a high quality of food close by, some people from New Plymouth may think its a bit far and quite a drive to get there but I can advise them its worth it so don't be scared to come out and try some dutch cooking and hospitality!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Took Mum here for Mothers days and left feeling very diappointed with the food and service.
Food was very average. Fish bites in Mums fish burger were over cooked so basicially just crumb coating. Partners pan cake was quite salty, Dads salad was great. My meal wasnt what I had ordered or what the waitress had told me I had ordered. Bit of a shame as we have had yummy pancakes here previously. But this visit was not good at all. I'd say pick your day to dine here.

6  Thank Catchafan