Stayed at here for one night with an extended family group (4 rooms in total). All OK with pleasant staff and good service. Rooms are reasonably basic, ours had a queen bed and a single bed. Bathrooms once again basic but clean and good range of ammenities were supplied. Very little bench space in bathroom for putting your bathroom things on. Found the beds were quite springy i.e. when your partner moved on the bed, you knew about it, but at least they were newish and not too saggy but maybe a bit soft for my liking. Reasonable selection of snacks and drinks in the in-room fridge and an iron and ironing board in the wardrobe. The hotel has an outdoor swimming pool and spa pool but weather at this time of year not conducive for that.
The flat screen TV was of only average quality with a limited range of channels including only a small number of Sky channels. At night you could hear the people on the floor above us when they used the toilet. Our room had a view across a few roofs out to the Tasman Sea.
The good thing about this hotel is its excellent buffet meals, huge selection, well laid out and food was nice and also fresh. Overall it's a good place to stay, but don't expect 5 star standard. Its clean, modern, reasonably spacious, close to the centre of New Plymouth and has parking within the hotel gounds. It would be hard to find something better of this size in New Plymouth. Yes, I would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have a wide variety of accommodation from luxurious suites with spa baths to studio units with various bed configurations sleeping up to four people. All rooms with access to the extensive Hotel amenities, including complimentary internet access, playstations, mountain bikes, gym access and a fantastic spa and pool complex. We are the home of Marbles Buffet Restaurant New Plymouth open 7 nights a week. You can relax by the fire in The Rocks Lounge with a coffee or a drink and nibbles. OUR NEW CONFERENCE CENTRE IS NOW OPEN Let our team help you organise your wedding or your next conference, function, seminar, reunion, team visit or group tour. We have the expertise, contact us now for a quote. The Devon Hotel New Plymouth is the perfect destination, we'd love to look after you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Devon Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Devon Hotel And Conference Center
- The Devon Hotel New Plymouth
- Devon Hotel New Plymouth