“Good night”

The Good Home
Ranked #53 of 169 Restaurants in New Plymouth
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A Home away from Home ! From outside alfresco dinning to our own private front lounge, sports den, VIP area, casual dinning at its best! In The Heart of The city, easy to find, very hard to leave !! Our Good Home Family will look after all your needs , from Drinks, Snacks,Pizzas,Burgers, Pasta and Salads, and The best range of Steaks in town!! we will even can help plan what to do in Taranaki!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good night”
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Went for dinner here with a few friends, the friends from Auckland had their dog therefore we sat outside under the heater which wasn't to bad. The staff were kind enough to give something to the dog. We order a couple of pizzas as a main with chips but the chips came out with the starter. The cocktail was weak and over priced. Saying that I did have a good evening

1 Thank Kelly B

• Korean first
New Plymouth, New Zealand
“Good value”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I have dined here several times with family & I love the duck spring rolls & the stone grill.The large stone grill comes with coleslaw & chunky potatoes & the small grill just comes with coleslaw which is plenty but you can ordered a mixed grill, beef, chicken or lamb.
All value for money to me & pretty yummy.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Wendy w
New Plymouth, New Zealand
“great for staff drinks”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Been here for several "work" shouts. Very good staff keep the drinks flowing and their platters and pizza are great. Highly recommend. Going on Saturday for a family lunch

Visited April 2014
Lower Hutt, New Zealand
“Get the basics right”
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

We really feel this place has the potential to be a great establishment. The interior is fabulous with numerous indoor & outdoor seating areas to allow for a wide range of clientele needs. I was dining with my kids & it was suggested by the waitress that we sit at a bench table outside of the main dining room & we happily obliged. We ordered our mains & asked for a bowl of chips to start. Unfortunately the chips arrived & were soft on the outside & hard on the inside. Surely chips should be a given to cook correctly? We had to waive down our waitress several timed to order drinks & our meal as she seemed very busy. We also had to prompt her for our meal after waiting an hour after ordering. Overall main meals were of an acceptable quality & felt that if service could be improved, ratings would improve also.

Granville, Ohio
“Great food at a great price.”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I happened along this restaurant because it was Easter weekend and one of the few places not charging a 15% holiday tax. I was very pleased with the experience! Friendly staff and even better food. You order at the bar and then they bring your food out to you. I paid $18 (NZD) for a huge pile of chicken wings, a salad, and french fries. Everything was delicious. It is a little bit more than I am used to paying in the U.S., but it is a very reasonable price since you don't tip. They had a variety of foods to choose from--salads, burgers, and seafood. It is also a night place to take a family during the day. I saw quite a few families with children. I would definitely visit again.

• Visited April 2014