“great for staff drinks”

The Good Home
Ranked #52 of 173 Restaurants in New Plymouth
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A Home away from Home ! From outside alfresco dinning to our own private front lounge, sports den, VIP area, casual dinning at its best! In The Heart of The city, easy to find, very hard to leave !! Our Good Home Family will look after all your needs , from Drinks, Snacks,Pizzas,Burgers, Pasta and Salads, and The best range of Steaks in town!! we will even can help plan what to do in Taranaki!
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Been here for several "work" shouts. Very good staff keep the drinks flowing and their platters and pizza are great. Highly recommend. Going on Saturday for a family lunch

Sam S, Manager at The Good Home, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

Hi Kevin,
Many thanks for the great review.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

We really feel this place has the potential to be a great establishment. The interior is fabulous with numerous indoor & outdoor seating areas to allow for a wide range of clientele needs. I was dining with my kids & it was suggested by the waitress that we sit at a bench table outside of the main dining room & we happily obliged. We ordered our mains & asked for a bowl of chips to start. Unfortunately the chips arrived & were soft on the outside & hard on the inside. Surely chips should be a given to cook correctly? We had to waive down our waitress several timed to order drinks & our meal as she seemed very busy. We also had to prompt her for our meal after waiting an hour after ordering. Overall main meals were of an acceptable quality & felt that if service could be improved, ratings would improve also.

Sam S, Manager at The Good Home, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2017

Hi,
Many thanks for the feedback. We will take your comments on board and work to improve our service.

Thanks again

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I happened along this restaurant because it was Easter weekend and one of the few places not charging a 15% holiday tax. I was very pleased with the experience! Friendly staff and even better food. You order at the bar and then they bring your food out to you. I paid $18 (NZD) for a huge pile of chicken wings, a salad, and french fries. Everything was delicious. It is a little bit more than I am used to paying in the U.S., but it is a very reasonable price since you don't tip. They had a variety of foods to choose from--salads, burgers, and seafood. It is also a night place to take a family during the day. I saw quite a few families with children. I would definitely visit again.

1  Thank Brittany B
Sam S, Manager at The Good Home, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Hi,
Many thanks for giving us such a great review.

All the best

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Chilled out here on the deck in the last of the summer sun on Sunday. Jazz music was playing live and my friends and I totally loved the vibe. The platter was massive and totally hit the spot. Well worth $45 and I think the drinks were well priced to. Another grooup bought thier dog and that got the VIP service with what they call a puppychino

Hi,
Many thanks for the great review.

Hope to see you back again another day.

Kind regards

Reviewed March 28, 2014

The resturant is nice and clean with lots of out door seating. Didnt find the indoor seating comfortable. Food was nice enough but small. I had the pumpkin and ricotta bake and although it was nice enough, it was way over priced for what it was. I had heard good things about the place but I was left disappointed.

Hi,
Thanks for taking the time to review us.

Hopefully, we get it right next time. We take all comments seriously and will be taking your feedback to the head chef to see how we can improve the overall experience.

Regards