“Quiet, modern, clean, friendly service!”

Pukekura Motor Lodge
Ranked #16 of 30 Hotels in New Plymouth
“Quiet, modern, clean, friendly service!”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Arrived with no prior booking, given upstairs unit, which was large, bright, clean, up to date decor. Fantastic nights sleep, quiet, with nil noise from next unit.
I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012
Karen H, Manager at Pukekura Motor Lodge, responded to this review, March 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again when you are next in New Plymouth.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I stayed here last weekend with my parents while attending my cousins wedding. They had a 2 bed unit and I had a studio unit. Both rooms were huge. My studio must have been twice the size of a 4 star hotel room. I usually go for a hotel over a motel as I like a cooked room service breakfast and the odd soda from the mini bar. To my surprise Pukekura motor lodge had both. I had the eggs benedict both mornings and while not being the best I have ever had. It was good and I have had far worse from 4 or 5 star hotels. Apart from this the place is modern and very clean. I went to hotel school many years ago and I always remember being told every new guest should feel like they are the first person ever to use that room. Thats a hard ask but I can honestly say that this property lives up to that. Good work guys I will be back

Room Tip: If your a single or couple ask for a upstairs studio room
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank webbstsam
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and it means a great deal to us that you can appreciate the hard work we have put in to making our guests feel welcome.
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed January 7, 2012

We stay here with our 2 children when visiting family in New Plymouth. It is modern, clean and really well equipped - you can book porta-cots and highchairs if required. The 2 bedroom units offer plenty of space for a family in a convenient central location. It's a short walk (or even shorter drive) to Pukekura Park and the CBD. Everything we could have asked for plus great, friendly service.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Karen H, Manager at Pukekura Motor Lodge, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We stayed over the New Years weekend and were very happy with the stay. We had free internet and paid for a larger bathroom.

We were very happy with our stay

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I went for a two bedroom unit which was very clean and modern with all the amenities which you would need. The unit was towards the back of the property so there was no noise heard from the road. Instead of having a normal door, the is a slide door which you use to access the room and attached is a pull down blind which is not very practical and provides no privacy from other rooms or the car park when open. A huge bathroom and a tv in each bedroom was a added bonus.

The location is good, with the town just being about a 10-15min walk away. Was nice to stay somewhere for a change where wi-fi was provided free and the extensive TV channels was a nice extra.

I do have to mention the beds. They were amazing!! Some of the best I've stayed in, which made it very difficult to get up early the following morning. :)
I originally booked a one bedroom, but a friend joined me at the last minute so I requested via email a change to a two bedroom unit, and it was no hassle at all.

I was very happy with my stay here for one night, and would definitely consider another stay here if I was in the area again. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road if possible as there is less noise and more privacy.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Pukekura, Manager at Pukekura Motor Lodge, responded to this review, December 8, 2011
Hi Thank you for your stay with us. We have now put up Drapes (Curtains) in our units so this will assist with the privacy issue. Thank you for the comments about our beds as we know they are the best beds and give a great nights sleep. We would love to see you visit us again.
Wellington
Reviewed October 20, 2011

A basic, clean and modern motel ideal for short business stays. The rooms are an average size but have all the essentials. The rooms are not that private meaning you have to have the blinds shut all the time to get the privacy.

Free wi-fi and the number of Sky channels are a bonus. Also very good location to walk in to town for an evening meal.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms away from the road and up the stairs as these are a little more private tha...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Hi Thank you for your stay with us. We have now put up Drapes (Curtains) in our units so this will assist with the privacy issue. We would love to see you visit us again next time you are in Taranaki.