“Some of the best campsite views. Full stop”

Belt Road Seaside Holiday Park
Reviewed December 22, 2013

As a campervan owner, I've stayed in several campsites in NZ. Belt Road has to have some of the best camping views of any I've been to. Situated in an elevated position above the coast, the expansive water views are a pleasure to wake up to.

The facilities are fine, and very well kept but when I took a shower, I left my dirty clothes on the floor, only for a huge puddle to develop and soak them all. Overall a very nice experience though.

Sadly I'm unlikely to visit very often in the future as we usually travel with our dog and the campsite doesn't allow them (was without pooch on this occasion).

Room Tip: If you're camping, ask for a waterfront site :)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Manks
BeltRdSeasideHP, Owner at Belt Road Seaside Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Thank you for your comments and feedback. We will look into the shower issue you mentioned and you will be pleased to know that we have new facilities in the planning right now. We look forward to seeing you again at Belt Road Holiday Park to enjoy the views again.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

This was my second stay at the Belt Road Motor Camp. I actually changed me travel dates so i could stay here, as the previous week they were fully booked.
I wouldnt stay anywhere else in New Plymouth, as this place is just so quiet and comfortable, but its the views that cap it off.
Look, if you are really picky, and want 5 star luxury, then dont come here. But if you want the best views in town, a comfortable and quiet nights sleep, and friendly staff, then this is the place for you.
Yes you have to bring a sheet and duvet (or rent from the office) and a bar of soap...is that a big deal? There was a fridge and microwave and all other things you may need in the cabin. It was so clean and bright, the bed was comfy, I could lay in the bed and watch the new TV on the wall at the end of my bed, or look out to the sea which is right in front of my door.
They have new bikes for rent at $5 an hour, so you can ride the walkway which is something you have to do, its outstanding. Also visit Pukekura Park, which is the best city park in New Zealand, and its start at almost the city center.
I went to a buffet restaurant which is on Devon Street West and it costs $17, and the it is one of the best buffets I have been to. Ask the staff at the Motor camp, they will give you the address.
Anyway look at my photos of the views from my front door.....I will surely be back again one day.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank bellettboy
BeltRdSeasideHP, Manager at Belt Road Seaside Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are having stunning weather at the moment, so it makes our breathtaking sea views really unbeatable. Cycling the walkway is a New Plymouth must do and you couldn't have chosen a better day for it! Also we were glad to be able to enhance your stay by recommending dining options and cycling route tips. We look forward to seeing you back at the park again. Merry Christmas and all the best for 2014.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Came to New Plymouth for a two night stay and booked because close to the harbour and city centre. Check in efficient and the cabin- 2 bedroom and new was very comfortable. Great value for the money and would definitely stay again

Room Tip: Get one of the new cabins. Clean,comfortable and great value
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was our second stay at Belt Road Seaside Holiday Park and we highly recommend it. We often visit New Plymouth and have found the self-contained cabins/units are great alternative to booking a hotel. The staff were very helpful when we had to change our dates last minute and the cabin itself was very clean with a great view looking straight out to the ocean. Note - It's not far from the main centre but recommend having a car to get around from here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We spent a wonderful night here on our trip north. We parked on the cliff overlooking the sea and wharf area. we were in a camper but used the facilities including kitchen which were good and well serviced. We will stay there again, even if we have to make a long detour!! we want to spend more time there as the area needs our exploration.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Hubby and I stayed in one of the one bedroom self contained units on the hill with fab views of the Ocean and Port and Lees Breakwater,we even got up early in the morning to watch a boat come into Port,it came right in,almost in front of our Cabin too. Very clean facilities and very handy to the walkway,we enjoyed our quiet break and intend to come back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 183Robyn2013
TeresaB8, Owner at Belt Road Seaside Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thanks for your review. We value your feedback and look forward to your return. Have a great day.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I have stayed at this camp twice in recent months. Both times stayed in self contained unit. Very clean facilities and very helpful staff. The camp is centrally located within New Plymouth so we could walk to town, down the breakwater. The mountain can be seen from the camp - it looked glorious. Great to look out over the port and watch all the comings and goings. A very relaxing stay in a warm and well appointed unit. thank you for another great visit. I will be back.

Room Tip: Good for a sea view and to watch ships enter and leave the port. Sunny porch to sit on
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
#5 of 44 in Taranaki Region
New Plymouth Top 10 Holiday Park
New Plymouth Top 10 Holiday Park
#11 of 16 in New Plymouth

Been to Belt Road Seaside Holiday Park? Share your experiences!