Victoria Lodge
$95
$117
$104
  • Pool
Arista Capri Motel(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
$95
$92
$132
$125
Emerald Spa Motor Inn(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
$90
$83
$132
$124
$78
Agoda.com
Sport of Kings Motel(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
$98
$91
$547
$530
Best Western Braeside Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
$92
$83
Travelocity
All reviewsprivate thermal poolhot tubsmall roomclose to townsky tvfriendly ownersenjoyed our stayconvenient locationlocal knowledgepolynesian spabed was comfortablewould stay here againmicrowaveaccommodationhostsmotelsupermarket
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Enjoyed our stay here. Very friendly hosts.Comfortable two bedroom accommodation with all you need to self cater including a good sized fridge that we had problems finding in most places.
Great location next to the supermarkets and short stroll to the main street.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
VictoriaLodge, Owner at Victoria Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Thanks for the review. It is nice to have a full size fridge plus a freezer especially now that summer is almost here. We have three supermarkets within 400 metres and other specialty shops just across the road in the central mall. Glad you had a nice stay. Regards Prue and Alan

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights. The apartments are cosy and compact. Kitchen facilities are very basic; a microwave, kettle and toaster. We did not try the outdoor spa bath, so can it comment on that.

Good location; easy walk into main town centre and supermarkets within walking distance. The owners were friendly and helpful. They provided us with maps of the local area and advice about local attractions.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Have just read others reviews of this place and can't believe what I am reading. 'The novel and cosy approach to private thermal pools' actually means that one needs to open a window in the bathroom and climb up and over the window sill and into the private thermal outside pool (as stated on my booking confirmation and the website) . There was no door access to it at all. As I have weakness in the right leg it would have been impossible for me to get into the pool at all without the help of my husband. We had booked for 3 nights and when we explained to the owner that the unit did not meet our requirements - a relaxing holiday enjoying our outside pool - his response was that even if we had one of his two bedroom units we would have to climb into the spas!! I tried to explain to the owner that nowhere in the advertising of the motel did it advise that I would need to be able to climb through a window to be able to enjoy my thermal pool. He said that the advertising was exactly as it was. Not for us it wasn't. I suggest that anybody wanting a weekend enjoying a thermal pool avoid staying here. By the way, did I mention the tiny bedroom space in this studio unit - and the pillows - probably go down as the most uncomfortable I have slept on. I was disappointed to see that there was a shower curtain on the tiny shower, which of course meant that shower time involved constantly trying to pull the curtain away from my body. This definitely goes down as the place not to go to. We had the unit next to the owner's accommodation - maybe all the other units are amazing!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nanahuck2
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is our first choice of places to stay in Rotorua. It's small, friendly, spotlessly clean, good value and very convenient for the town centre. Two black Labradors (Asterix and Osiris) welcome visitors and that's the sort of place it is. The owners are friendly too!

Room Tip: On a fairly quiet street, if you are staying a few days or have a family the apartments are good value.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2013

One block off the main road so no traffic sounds or tour buses rolling up and down this busy resort township - less then 5 mins walk to town and lakeshore - 5 min drive off highway - checkin and out was fastest ever at under 3 mins - hosts very polite and welcoming - room very clean - linen high quality and crisp - pillows new and plenty of them - No TV sounds from other rooms -
No running water sounds from other rooms - remember that metal fittings will suffer from sulphur environment, everything runs clean-clear-fast. Bed was firm, not hard - room was warm - curtains stopped any outside light -
Parking favours shorter cars - Wi-Fi is persistant and good up-down load - TV is clear and crisp - Fridge is silent - Room size is "ship cruiser sized" - Bed would fit 6'2 easily.
Host is a runner/tri ath so would know good routes depending on skill level -
If/when I return to the area and the hosts are still running the hotel I would return for accommodation. Tim B - Pukerua Bay, Kapiti Coast.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo