“Thoroughly enjoyed it!”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Thoroughly enjoyed it!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I visited in May and even though it was out of season there was a very good turnout. The evening was brilliant- initially I thought it might be going to be a bit cheesy but in fact the performance was outstanding- the group are more like theatre performance standards and they were informative but also very entertaining!! I particularly liked learning about the meaning of the facial tattoos and the Maori culture in general. The food was absolutely gorgeous and very plentiful - everyone was encouraged to have seconds and thirds (if you could fit it in!! ) We struggled to hear the guide in the forest a little bit but all in all this was excellent. We had a grabone voucher which meant it was also superb value for money. It is possibly a little bit pricey otherwise but on balance I would still have been happy if I'd paid full price. Definitely recommended.

• Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“One of the best authentic shows available”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Having lived in Rotorua for 35 years I can honestly say that the Mitai Village delivers a very realistic show of Maori culture and food.
It was a well run, entertaining and professional presentation that wasn't too drawn out or artificial and one that I would highly recommend to any Rotorua visitor.

Visited June 2013
Brisbane, Australia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fun night”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We were thoroughly impressed with the Maori display and love the fact these people are so passionate and proud of their heritage. Food was great and our host was very impressive with his greetings in all languages. Wish we had paid the extra for the Kiwi bird experience. Make sure you get the pre-show experience at Whakarewarewa Maori village with Shiloh before heading off on the bus. We loved this.

Brisbane, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Great value!”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

My partner and I visited Mitai Maori Village towards the end of May and were worried that there wouldn't be enough numbers but there was still a huge turn out and overall it was an amazing experience. The food was really good and the guides and show were very informative as well as entertaining. Recommended to anyone looking at learning about Maori history and having a good night out.

Cardiff
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We visited the Mitai Maori concert and hangi. The concert was interesting and informative but very cold in the seated area. It was nice to see the Maori men arrive in their canoe and that was very atmospheric. However the meal was just OK and very hurried. My husband did not even have time to finish his main course before we were taken outside again to go and see some gloworms. He did not even get to taste the puddings which I think were better than the main course. It would have been a much better experience if we had had a bit longer over the meal and not been so hurried. Our guide for the gloworms even said - sooner we get going, sooner we all get home! It started at 5.30 and finished by 8pm.