“The best culture show in town!”

Mitai Maori Village
Maori Hangi and Cultural Performance with 4WD Buggy Adventure in Rotorua
Ranked #11 of 60 Tours in Rotorua
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The best culture show in town!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Not only do you get to eat the delicious Hangi meal and desserts - the show is great too. Not only do you see the singing, you actually learn about the Maori culture, tattoos.....
The only down side is that there may be a lot of people.

Visited May 2013

• Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
“Night Out”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Fantastic show and meal. The MC,John was absolutely incredible with his welcome and in mamy many languages

Visited March 2014
Harrogate, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Very Good”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Came here with 2 friends when travelling round New Zealand recently. Friends had lived in New Zealand and recommended this. I was not disappointed. The food was very good, I am a vegetarian but had plenty to eat. The whole evening was very enjoyable.

Visited March 2014
Burton in Kendal, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Maoris and the Haka”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Wasn't sure about going to this but was persuaded and actually thought it was an experience one should see and enjoy. Got a small reduction on price via our motel, still cost $180, about £90 for two. Warned before we left the UK to avoid the "Hangi" as it was foul. Errmm as food it wasn't the best but no doubt a Maori wouldn't have liked my baked in the earth hedgehog either so I guess we were quits. Apart from the food the dinner was convivial, drinks plentiful and we enjoyed the warm-up presentatation by The Chief as he introduced 22 nationalities. I stuck my hand up at the wrong moment and ended up as Chief B for the night. The Haka was spine tingling as any rugby player will tell you. Stage show acting & singing was very good and all very native Maori. I had to make a speech and introduce "my tribe", all good fun. About two to three hours of an evening including coach pick-up. A must do entertainment if going to Rotorua ...just don't eat too much Hangi!

Visited February 2014
newcastle on tyne UK
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“1970's entertainment evening”
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

We went to this event on our recent trip to Rotorua. I do wonder whether we were at the same event as the other reviewers as we thought it was no more than a cheesy tourist trap with mediocre food. If you are British and old enough to have gone to a "Spanish Evening" on a package holiday to the Costa Del Sol in the 1970's then you have an idea what it was like...... only without the sangria. The after dinner walk with a village elder was chaotic and of no interest. It was just a ploy to get us out of the tent so they could clear up early. As I got out of the coach at our hotel the bus driver said " goodnight cousin".This just felt creepy. I have to say I think there are more enjoyable and cheaper ways to spend an evening in Rotorua.

Visited February 2014