“WOW!!”

$27.98*
Mitai Maori Village Ancient World Experience
Ranked #11 of 63 Tours in Rotorua
Reviewed October 14, 2012

wow wow wow wow wow!! what an experience!!! from begining to end it was a fabulous night!!!! seeing the warriors come down stream in the waka was amazing to watch!! the show was one of the best i have seen, not only did they perform but they told us the history of the face tattoos and weapons etc. the hangi was LITERALLY the best thing ever!! soooooooooo good! we all went back for seconds! would highly recomend the mitai village experience to EVERYONE!

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Was a great evening and unlike a lot of other 'cultural' tours we really felt the passion of the performers and the food was home hungi cooked excellence. Was an educational and entertaining evening.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I was excited to see the Maori Village to learn more about their history and heritage. It was definitely a show, and somewhat too long in my opinion. Be careful when going to see the glow worms. The walk is on uneven ground and it is very dark as they take you around 9pm. They give you little flashlight, but only 1 per couple so it barely helped. It was just so-so overall in my opinion, don't think I would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We found this dinner and show to be well worth the money. The show was interesting and informative. The food was excellent and there was plenty of it!! The "MC" for the show was fun and kept things rolling along. He was very knowledgeable and entertaining. We would highly recommend this experience.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I hope the dances could be longer...and I appreciate greatly that meanings of tattoos are explained, plus the weapons and musical instruments. I understand that within an hour or so, it's not easy to include everything about the Maori culture and history. But I love the whole experience, starting from the host which is so charming and brilliant to greet all of us in our native language (12 languages) and ending with a stroll around the bush, looking at glowworms. The hangi may taste a bit bland but it didn't spoil the evening at all, in fact, I loved the food as it retained its natural flavours. I really loved the dances and songs, they are so powerful and terrifying and mesmerising. I also loved the Chief delivering all the explanations and demonstrations in a light-hearted way. Not to miss at all.

1  Thank Grace Y