“Great food, great location”
Review of Tandoori Palace - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great food, great location”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Coming back through Rotorua, we just had to go back to our favourite restaurant and once again they didnt disappoint. Mailyn ordered the Balti Chicken Curry and I ordered the Afghani Chicken curry as its my favourite. They were delivered quickly ( the restaurant was not full) the only flaw in the plan was they forgot our Kingfisher beers. Many apologies later we tucked in, accompanying the meals with Keema naan bread, another favourite. The Balti chicken here is the best I have ever tasted. Made my previous favourite a bit bland by comparison although still lovely. The Balti is suffused with coriander and of course the addition of french beans just carries it off perfectly. A lovely meal, nice surroundings and very pleasant staff. A must when we come through Rotorua.

• Visited March 2014

Morrinsville, New Zealand
“Great value”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Good food, the banquet was a great way of tasting several dishes and there is plenty of food in the banquet. The staff did a great job and gave us flexibility with what we put in the banquet. It is a BYO which was great. Well priced and good service.

• Visited February 2014
Yokohama, Japan
“Super late service with disappointing taste!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Went with my whole family of 6 adults and a 3-year-old kid. The restaurant looked a little occupied so we asked the waitress how long will it take to get food. She said oh don't worry, it will be soon. Little did we know that her 'soon' will mean more than 1 hour! We just sat there and waited and waited and waited! They should have at least be considerate that there was a child on board but they didn't give a damn about it. We had to beg them to bring just white rice so we could give something to our child. Anyway, we ordered several dishes and banquet but the one that deserves the mediocre award goes to 'prawn tandoori'! OMG, are you kidding me????!!!! it was close to $20 and it had ONLY 6 tiny prawns and the taste was absolutely plain! it felt like they just put it on a frying pan for 1 min max and served it with the sauce...absolutely horrible!
The crazy thing is that I shared my banquet with my mom and the manager went nuts! He started explaining the rules and policies of banquet dining and what not. I was outraged and I promised him that he will surely see my honest review of this place on TripAdvisor. And it was pathetic of him to buy me off

• Visited December 2013
6 Thank amitrix
“Great meal, pity about the loud table”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Just enjoyed a really excellent Indian meal tonight. Food was excellent, beers were cold, service was very good, value for money was not a problem. Restaurant was good. Unfortunately the evening was spoiled for us and other diners by a very loud obnoxious group of Indian diners who appeared to be creating as much disturbance as possible for the owners and staff. Very unfair to all involved. Apart from that a great night and no problems from the staff of the restaurant.

• Visited January 2014
“Late service, undercooked lamb, ”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

While the ambience of the place is fine (compared to similar Indian restaurants) the length of time taken for the service and the quality, quantity and taste of the food was mediocre at best. The in-between meal enquiry of how the food is is really a mockery of hospitality. It's always hard for a person of Indian origin to like an Indian restaurant. This place does not help elevate the general ranking any higher in my view.

2 Thank DrVargheseJ