“visited 2008.”

Indian Star Tandoori Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 243 Restaurants in Rotorua
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Rotorua's most awarded restaurant with awesome atmosphere and flawless service.
Reviewed May 12, 2014

really nice place. friendly people. I was missing indian food and and this place was worth it.
reasonably priced, good location.
the food was also really nice.
all in all i would recommend this for Indian food

Write a ReviewReviews (1,342)

Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

One of the best Indian restaurants I have eaten at. Fantastic service and great food. Highly recommended and nice outdoor area to sit and eat.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

This is I think this is my favourite (if not the best) Indian restaurant I've visited in New Zealand. I try to eat here every time I'm in Rotorua - the price is right, the service is first rate and exceptionally family friendly, the food is very good and you can order it more or less to your own taste (mild, medium, hot) - and it is popular (this is always a good sign). Service in my experience is good, and our waiter was exceptionally attentive to the tastebuds of my young daughter, who was willing enough to give curry a go, but when she couldn't handle it, brought her freshly cooked fish and chips (at his own suggestion) and a gratis chocolate bar to keep her happy - this in turn made me *very* happy. Tops marks for that, which took minimum effort and scored big time in my eyes. And I and my partner were well served with good quality Indian food as well. So I recommend this place without hesitation.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

You need to book, we were there on a weeknight and lucky to get a table! Food was reasonably quick given how busy they were. The portion sizes were generous and the food delicious. The main front of house staff member was great too.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

I have to say the food was good. Unfortunately it wasn't wow. We ordered mixed entree and found our samosas were mostly pastry more than anything. Which was disappointing. I supposed we had high hope for the place and we felt it fell short of our expectation. The service was average. The servers didn't look our way once for 15mins after seating. When we waved to get their attention it still took them another 5mins to come over to take our order and during that time they took orders from customers who came in after us. It was overall an ok experience.