“So good we went twice in two days”

Indian Star Tandoori Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 225 Restaurants in Rotorua
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Rotorua's most awarded restaurant with awesome atmosphere and flawless service.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“So good we went twice in two days”
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Please don't think we are boring, it really just was sooo good we had to go back. Smart, accommodating staff completed what is the best curry I've had outside London. We ate beef madras, kairai (sp) chicken and chicken tikka masala. All fabulous, tender and rich in taste. Peshwari naan best ever and the house red was tops too. This is our third visit and is a great reason to dine out in rotorua. Don't hesitate if you like curry but do book it is always busy because it is that good.

Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
New Plymouth
“The best Indian I've had in NZ”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Originally from England and have lived in NZ for 12 years now, This is the best Indian I have tasted in NZ!! It was reminiscent of my favourite restaurant back home. The service was excellent too, Kamal was lovely and you were right it was an excellent Chicken Tikka Masala. We will definitely be back, next time we are in Rotorua.

• Visited May 2013
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

I can see why this place is so popular.
The place was busy with plenty of customers, staff were well dressed but best of all the portions were outstanding.

Whilst I didn't go for the complimentary papadum, the gesture was appreciated.
I ordered a Butter Chicken and plain basmati rice.

The taste and portion size was outstanding and the service great.
I passed onto the Manager the meal was excellent and I will return on my next business visit to Rotorua.

Visited May 2013
Rotorua, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always excellent”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We have been going to the Indian Star for a number of years. It's a great place for a celebration meal with a group of friends or even a romantic meal for two. The meals are always very tasty with good portion sizes. The atmosphere is friendly and welcoming and even when they have large groups to cater for, you don't have to wait too long for your meal. Have to mention the beef madras, it's my new favourite, so delicious!! Won't be long before we're back again.

Wellington, New Zealand
“Excellent food and Service.”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I was so happy I decided to eat at this restaurant on my last night in Rotorua. The food and service were excellent and I was very disappointed that I left my nicely packed left overs in the hotel. Thanks to all the staff.