“A place you mustn't miss when visiting Rotorua”

Indian Star Tandoori Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 241 Restaurants in Rotorua
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Rotorua's most awarded restaurant with awesome atmosphere and flawless service.
Reviewed February 16, 2013

On a recent weekend away I had the pleasure of winning and dining at what must be one
of Rotorua most delicious restaurants if you like the Indian food.
The authentic spices and meals are exquisite and as good as anywhere in the world. The Entree was a platter which was most delicious followed by Tandoori Chicken which was tender and succulent. The service was outstanding and I felt like a VIP from the minute I walked in the door which is why the atmosphere in the restaurant is exceptional.
The staff attends to each person and table with smiles and amazing manners and they are
so friendly. The Decor is so tasteful and very relaxing and easy on the eye which is lovely
and peaceful while enjoying your meal and the cleanliness is totally faultless and I have never
seen wash rooms so sparkling anywhere in the world.
This restaurant would have to be a 10+ if I was a restaurant inspector. I have done a lot of
Travelling and I can’t think of anything that compares to the Indian Star Tandoori Restaurant.
I will be back.

Sam Kang

Reviewed February 16, 2013

The Indian Star Tandoori Restaurant should be on your list of places to go when visiting
Rotorua. This restaurant provides brilliant atmosphere, service that you could not beat
anywhere in the world and that also goes for the exquisite exceptional food. The Entree which was a platter of dilatable Indian foods with stunning sauces to tempt your taste buds before the main course which I decided on a Lamb Saag which melted in my mouth the lamb could not have been more tender, it was superb.
I have a passion for Indian cuisine and have eaten in many Indian Restaurants around the world and have to say this one takes the prize but it is hard to decide between you and your Sister restaurant in Hamilton because the food and the service are identical and the professionalism is the same In both the restaurants. The cleanliness is second to none and you can eat of the floors in the bathrooms that is how immaculate these two places are.
I can see why Rotorua has won so many awards and I am sure in time Hamilton will catch up
and win as well.
To top my evening off at Rotorua.................................
Dessert was served as a special surprise with Birthday candles and the staff singing Happy Birthday which was an awesome ending and a spectacular touch considering I was not a regular custom I was a visitor from Auckland what an amazing touch.
Well Done Indian Star and all your staff. I would recommend that this restaurant would be a 10+
“I will be back soon”

Kay Hazelton

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Went with our Family and beleive it or not we are not big on hot dishes. Man was Ray only to happy to accomodate us. The service from all staff was was great and the food was awesome. Full of flavour without the heat. Also price was very reasonable when trying to feed a family of four.Our kids loved it so much we have booked my wife's birthday this Friday!
Thanks for a great night Ray and can't wait for Friday.
Awesome team and awesome Food!!!
Thanks Ray

Reviewed February 10, 2013

...and I've eaten in many Indian restaurants all over the world, including India. If you are looking for a great Indian meal when visiting Rotorua, you simply cant go past this place. I was passing through Rotorua for one night only & stumbled across this place when aimlessly searching for somewhere decent to eat dinner. Some places nearby were quite empty but this place had a bit of a buzz and was quite busy for a Monday night. The thing that puts me off Rotorua is that due to the tourist nature of the place, often the standard of food & the level of customer service can be poor to average - they often dont care, another bus load of cashed up tourists will be along soon attitude. But this place is different - the friendly, warm & attentive staff were great, the place was modern, tastefully decorated & clean, but the best bit was the food, which was extremely fresh & tasty. The plates were served hot (always a good sign) and the food was piping hot too. I had Sheek kebab starter which was excellent, infused with herbs and spices, followed by a medium hot chicken balti, with basmati rice and a keema nan bread. A good sized portion which was just amazing. I think its always a good sign when you see Indian people eating in an Indian restaurant & this place had four or five tables of Indian families & friends all enjoying their meal. Next time I'm in Rotovegas I'll make a bee line for this place. 10/10

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is a must try Indian restaurant. The team are friendly, helpful and attentive, the food is simply excellent and comes in decent quantities too, and the price makes it all excellent value for money.

This is not a one off experience for us, we have been eating here on a regular basis since 2006, and have never had anything but really good food. This includes their takeaways which we have had twice this year already.

BTW -If you like a glass of beer with your curry try their King Cobra - it is a great match to the food.