“O.M.G ❤” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Indian Star Tandoori Restaurant

Indian Star Tandoori Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 219 Restaurants in Rotorua
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Rotorua's most awarded restaurant with awesome atmosphere and flawless service.
“O.M.G ❤”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Indian food to die for!! Went twice in four days.... With the way the curry is served, made it easy for the whole table to share!! There was not one dish that dissapointed. Management and wait staff are friendly and even engaged my small children :) Sadly we are back in Auckland where there is no Indian Star!!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“So good we went back....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

We spent 4 days in Rotorua this week, and went to the Indian Star Restaurant one night. With it being New Year we expected it to be busy. We were seated outside with drinks until a table became free inside. The service was good, the food was excellent, the best curry I have had in years, and my daughters first experience of a 'proper' curry was a success. We enjoyed the food so much that we went back for a second visit before we left Rotorua. A definite must if you like curry. My only comment - sometimes its helpful if you could book.

Hayward, California
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We had an excellent meal here. The food was definitely authentic, the service was very nice, and the prices were reasonable. If you enjoy Indian food, this is a winner. There are many selections on the menu to choose from, and the servers will help with selections if you are not familiar with a Indian fare. We brought our own wine for a modest corkage fee.

• Visited November 2012
Rotorua, New Zealand
“Could it really be as good as last time?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

24 Dec 12 - booked for two, requested table by the window if possible. Arrived, greeted by the owner who gave us the best seats in the house.

We returned because of a fantastic dining experience a couple of months ago - I'd been wondering if it could possibly be as good again; well it really was.The service and food were the just the best, and having now read other positive reviews, I understand why people keep returning. When visitors from India (in reviews) rave about this place something's obviously being done right. The popularity of Indian Star was quite obvious on the night as customers were politely turned away as the place was chocker :-)

Ten out of ten, and we'll go back next week for the annual wedding anniversary!

• Visited December 2012
Perth, Australia
“Totally brilliant Indian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

I travel the world- I am an award winning chef- I have eaten Indian food all over the world and this is number one. I have feasted at least 100 meals at the mouth watering Indian Star and every single one has been brilliant.lol I'm here in Perth my mouth buds excited thinking of their food. Great service, location, prices, range of food- it gets my International Gold medal.

• Visited November 2012