“Great as always”

Ranked #13 of 243 Restaurants in Rotorua
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe, New Zealand
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Capers has a passion to provide our valued customers with food that is both good for your body, soul and for the planet. With our free-trade coffee beans and organic deli products, sustainability is at the top of our priorities. For over a decade, the Capers team have been making and serving wholesome foods and a great coffee and edgy T2 teas. Whether it's a catch up with friends, weekend brunch, business breakfasts, family outing, food on the go, or a dinner date - we have got you covered.
Reviewed May 18, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a late lunch at Capers - what a variety of choice. Quality of food and great service means Capers is always on our list of places to eat when in Rotorua.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Ok I know locals have written great reviews about Capers but when an out of towner makes a reservation you don’t expect all of you to turn up! Capers is certainly popular!

The food is great with an excellent menu; the service is slick and enthusiastic and the atmosphere is guests truly enjoying what was on offer.

BUT when it was let slip when booking that this was our wedding anniversary and we were having a meal before going to a show you can imagine our absolute delight to be given a very special wedding anniversary dessert that had been specially decorated for us. How the chef managed the creation on such a busy night we will never know. Check out the attached image.

So many thanks Capers – you made our special night extra SPECIAL!

1  Thank Winetourist
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I've made 2 trips to NZ in the past few years. I tend to buy things when I'm away I can't cook otherwise, and eggs benedict is top of that list. I've tried various versions of eggs benedict at over a dozen places over those two travels there, and this place topped it. I can't remember the names of most places I went and tried, with the exception of one bad place and a couple great... but Capers I remember with a drooly clarity.

When I come back to NZ, it will be South island, so I don't think I'll ever get back there, but my best food memory of North island is here!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We had a large table last night for our Family Mothers day dinner..
The Service was fabulous from everyone especially Tammy, and the food was great too.
The beers were cold, and the Mothers day special was great value for money..
Nothing is a problem, and the Mothers day gifts were a lovely touch.
Well done Capers on such a bust night...

Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Had a late lunch at capers it was brilliant! I loved the seafood chowder!