“Really nice”

Waikite Valley Thermal Pools
Ranked #8 of 113 things to do in Rotorua
More attraction details
Owner description: Waikite Valley Thermal Pools provides the opportunity to relax and experience the pure natural geothermal waters from the Te Manaroa Spring. Facilities include The Pukeko in the Ponga Tree Cafe, a splash pool with adjoining toddlers play area, passive bathing pools, private spas, nature trail and separate changing, toilet and shower area for families. Waikite Valley Thermal Pools also offers powered and non powered campground sites.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We visited on a pretty dull day, but that didn't matter as the pools were so warm. It wasn't particulrly busy (which surprised us), but that added to the experience. We stayed about 2 hours which included lunch at the Cafe (which was very nice). Definately worth a visit

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Interesting to go see and quite relaxing. The place seemed a little dated however. We got the spa special (cant remember its exact name, but was around $25 per person for 40 mins plus towel and bottle water).
We were brought to a room with a spa out the back for two people.
Didnt quite expect that.
Place needs a facelift but was pleasant to ignore all that and just sit in the water.
We were then invited to go into any of the other public pools when we go out.
Very pleasant staff.
We had nachos at the cafe afterwards and they were tasty!
Cheapish couple hours out.
Either choose this or walk the 4kms from your car to the Kerosene creek for a free warm dip :)

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Several pols of varying temperature which offer relaxation after a tiring day. Not a lot of wow factor, a couple of pools are basically like a swimming bath, but worth a visit. Changing facilities on site, and you can hire a towel for a small charge. There is a small cafe where you can get basic refreshments.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is where I go to swim when anywhere near Rotorua and the 20 minute drive from the centre of town is worth it for the serenity, the wonderful hot healing water,the different pools, the cleanliness, the setting and the fact that it is so quiet! We absolutely love it. On this visit I had my little dog and the main carpark has no shade, Top marks to the owners who let me park my car in the camping area under trees so I could swim knowing my dog was safe. Amazing to know that they drain each pool every night - so I have every confidence in the water, topped off with the amazing walk to the source of the water.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Nice pools - more quite than Rotorua
I really like it here. Make sure you have at least 2 hours here. The “jungle/bush walk” is a must where you will see the source of all the hot water. Fascinating stuff and a bit scary.

1  Thank AirportWB