“Good for a warm dip!”

Waikite Valley Thermal Pools
Ranked #7 of 112 things to do in Rotorua
More attraction details
Owner description: Waikite Valley Thermal Pools provides the opportunity to relax and experience the pure natural geothermal waters from the Te Manaroa Spring. Facilities include The Pukeko in the Ponga Tree Cafe, a splash pool with adjoining toddlers play area, passive bathing pools, private spas, nature trail and separate changing, toilet and shower area for families. Waikite Valley Thermal Pools also offers powered and non powered campground sites.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Several pols of varying temperature which offer relaxation after a tiring day. Not a lot of wow factor, a couple of pools are basically like a swimming bath, but worth a visit. Changing facilities on site, and you can hire a towel for a small charge. There is a small cafe where you can get basic refreshments.

There are newer reviews for Waikite Valley Thermal Pools

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is where I go to swim when anywhere near Rotorua and the 20 minute drive from the centre of town is worth it for the serenity, the wonderful hot healing water,the different pools, the cleanliness, the setting and the fact that it is so quiet! We absolutely love it. On this visit I had my little dog and the main carpark has no shade, Top marks to the owners who let me park my car in the camping area under trees so I could swim knowing my dog was safe. Amazing to know that they drain each pool every night - so I have every confidence in the water, topped off with the amazing walk to the source of the water.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Nice pools - more quite than Rotorua
I really like it here. Make sure you have at least 2 hours here. The “jungle/bush walk” is a must where you will see the source of all the hot water. Fascinating stuff and a bit scary.

1  Thank AirportWB
Reviewed March 6, 2013

While the Waikite Valley Thermal Pools are a little out of the way, it is definitely good value for money and a very attractive and relaxing set of thermal pools.

I was also pleasantly surprised by the price and quality of the food and drink at the cafeteria. I shared a beefy nachos with sour cream and it was very tasty. The coffee wasn't half bad either.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Came here 9 years ago and this place is still awesome. There are so many different pools to choose from but i like the garden pools the best with the view out over the valley.
We had one baby, one 4yr old, a 14yr old and 4 adults and EVERYONE had the best time. The baby, 10 weeks old, was absolutely in bliss in the pool and was so calm the whole time. Screamed her face off when we took her out!
Nice little licensed cafe for dinner and clean amenities. Wish we lived closer so i could visit here often.
Also, good price.