“Made me feel like I was coming home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Regent of Rotorua

Regent of Rotorua
Ranked #7 of 93 Hotels in Rotorua
Geneva, Switzerland
“Made me feel like I was coming home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

I returned to the Regent for a 2 week stay after visiting last year. After my stay last year there was no question my mind this time over where I'd book my visit. And I wasn't disappointed. Owners Darryn and Brent and all their staff really made me feel like I was coming "home" and welcomed me back like family - it was lovely! The quality of the service at the Regent is second to none. I spend about 1/3-1/2 of my year every year traveling around the world for work and staying in hotels and living out of suitcases, so I really know hotels, and never have I felt so wonderfully looked after as I have at the Regent. These guys really understand service and train their staff well!

The hotel itself is superb. It is so nicely renovated with the black/white/touch of green decor - so classy and stylish and has not dated a bit since I was last here. They remembered what room I was in and gave me the same one, which was a nice touch. The beds are sumptuous and the fact that the rooms have a little microwave, bar fridge and crockery/cutlery really helps too. (Although the restaurant is so good that I found myself eating there almost 3 meals a day!)

The hotel is centrally located, there's lots of parking, and the restaurant area is just around the corner. The staff help with booking all of the many Rotorua tourist attractions and giving lots of useful recommendations about what to do and when the best times to do things are.

The rooms are comfortable, the atmosphere in the restaurant / bar area is glamorous and relaxed, a lovely place to have a drink after a day in the hot pools, the bathrooms in the hotel rooms are just lovely, the staff are wonderful, there's a lovely little thermal spa pool to soak in and a big outdoor heated pool if you feel like a swim ... there's nothing I can critique about this place (and that's rare) ... there's nothing else like this in Rotorua and there's no where else I'd rather be, the Regent is truly special place!

(Unlike a lot of places, the photos on the Regent's website are accurate!)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Hebrew first
nz
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

Stayed for 4 nights family holiday.
Great little hotel,really central to town with restaurants cinema etc in easy walking distance.
Staff friendly and helpful,nothing is too much troubleRooms are spotlessly clean and really comfortable.especially the beds.

1 Thank Tania001
auckland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

Great place and nice staff. Wld definitely recommend the place.

Calgary, Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

Of all the places we visited on our New Zealand trip, Rotorua and the Regent Hotel are both definitely on the top of my list!

This hotel is truly a gem and the rooms are amazing! Everything is new and clean. The bed is the most comfortable one we slept on during our entire trip of NZ. I loved the modern bathroom and shower.

The service at the front desk was also impeccable- very nice and helpful staff.

The location is also great, the hotel is within walking distance of several great restaurants and shops.

Loved every minute of our stay!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

This hotel is very much worth coming to Rotorua for. The rooms are great, the beds were very comfortable, and the showers were very cool! The service was impeccable and could not have been better.Great location also, good walking distance to a number of restaurants in downtown Rotorua. The Restaurant is also very good, great breakfast too!
Would come back in a second!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

The hotel looks like an old 60's motel that has been done up. The rooms are tastefully decorated but we couldn't shake the feeling that the refurbishment had covered over what would normally be a $100 a night place. The location is great for rotorua. The service is brilliant and friendly. We could hear the guests of other apartments during the night, as well as the toilet flushing in other rooms. I would stay somewhere cheaper next time as this was over NZ$200 for what is effectively a roadside hotel with great service.

1 Thank grassgrowing
Andorra, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Regent Of Rotorua. We loved the modern makeover of a retro style motel. The bed was very comfortable and hotel decorated in modern white and black theme. The pool area would be great to enjoy in summer and they have their own thermal spring to enjoy in winter. For me what makes the Regent stand apart from most other boutique hotels, was the impeccible service from Darryn and Trent. They were able to service your every request, whether it be tourist information or booking day trips or restaurants. Also the food in the restaurant was brilliant and was nice to come home to an drink in a lovely bar on return from a days outing. The hotel is walking distance to everything in downtown Roturua; the Polynesian Spa, restaurants and shopping. I would definately return to the Regent on my next visit to Roturua.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple