This hostel is fantastic. The kitchen was imaculate, including utensils, no washing before using needed here. It was really well laid out and equiped. The living area had plenty of space. The location is great, 10 minute walk to supermarket, couple of minutes to the centre of town, the old bath house and museum is at one end of the road and at the closer end is a thermal park.
Our room was beautiful, like a small but very modern hotel room, we did have a twin with en suite as they were very busy but the dorms were well done too.
We really wish we could have had longer there just to take time out and enjoy the hostel!
They have a huge car park and will collect you from the bus depot.
The one thing they need to work on is recycling as they only do glass and plastic but otherwise...!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to YHA Rotorua, a purpose built backpacker hostel in the central city for your complete Rotorua experience. Rotorua’s finest lodge, YHA Rotorua offers budget backpacker accommodation right beside Kuirau Park, Rotorua’s free geothermal attraction, and only two minutes walk from shops, cafes, restaurants and beautiful Lake Rotorua. There is a wide range of backpacker accommodation to choose from: 4 bed share rooms, 6 bed bunk rooms, triple room, standard double rooms, twin/double ensuite rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your YHA Rotorua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yha Treks Backpackers Rotorua
- Yha Treks Backpackers Hotel Rotorua