My husband and I stayed for one night in a double room (with ensuite) at this YHA and though we arrived earlier than when our room was ready, we were welcomed to use the kitchen and lounge facilities etc - a big help. On this - the kitchen is well equipped, large and user friendly. The lounge has heaps of space (a round pool table!) and computers for use. Free WiFi throughout the YHA too.
Our double room was basic but adequate - a small ensuite with (a good) shower, basin and toilet. Electronic passes to access the room made it easier than carrying bulky keys.
Location is great - right near Kairau Park and a short stroll into the centre of town.
Along with the above, this YHA is great value for money, includes proper towels (at least in the double rooms), has friendly and informative staff and we would definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to YHA Rotorua, a purpose built backpacker hostel in the central city for your complete Rotorua experience. Rotorua’s finest lodge, YHA Rotorua offers budget backpacker accommodation right beside Kuirau Park, Rotorua’s free geothermal attraction, and only two minutes walk from shops, cafes, restaurants and beautiful Lake Rotorua. There is a wide range of backpacker accommodation to choose from: 4 bed share rooms, 6 bed bunk rooms, triple room, standard double rooms, twin/double ensuite rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HostelWorld, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your YHA Rotorua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yha Treks Backpackers Rotorua
- Yha Treks Backpackers Hotel Rotorua