Firstly Rotorua is hideously expensive for New Zealand so this hostel will probably be at the upper end of what you pay for a hostel anywhere in the country (I'm typing this in a hotel room in Wellington which has a private bathroom, satellite tv, wifi and fridge that is charging less than what the Rotorua YHA charges for a tiny double room with shared bath and NOTHING in the room). But for Rotorua it is well priced. Location is good, staff are lovely, shared bathrooms are huge and clean and the kitchen facilities are great. Good (but very basic) choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to YHA Rotorua, a purpose built backpacker hostel in the central city for your complete Rotorua experience. Rotorua’s finest lodge, YHA Rotorua offers budget backpacker accommodation right beside Kuirau Park, Rotorua’s free geothermal attraction, and only two minutes walk from shops, cafes, restaurants and beautiful Lake Rotorua. There is a wide range of backpacker accommodation to choose from: 4 bed share rooms, 6 bed bunk rooms, triple room, standard double rooms, twin/double ensuite rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, HostelWorld, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your YHA Rotorua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yha Treks Backpackers Rotorua
- Yha Treks Backpackers Hotel Rotorua