While I admit I had not hostelled in a while, the YHA Treks in Rotorua was much nicer than expected. The pics online are accurate. The rooms and common areas are clean, simple and well kept. The noise level was acceptable, no wild parties happened on property while we were there at least. This is not a hostel with a bar and generally seems attract the older clientele in addition to the classic younger backpacker. I would stay here again if in the area. If you have a car, they have a large parking area too.
Rooms aren't large and are without air conditioning, but they have windows that open.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to YHA Rotorua, a purpose built backpacker hostel in the central city for your complete Rotorua experience. Rotorua’s finest lodge, YHA Rotorua offers budget backpacker accommodation right beside Kuirau Park, Rotorua’s free geothermal attraction, and only two minutes walk from shops, cafes, restaurants and beautiful Lake Rotorua. There is a wide range of backpacker accommodation to choose from: 4 bed share rooms, 6 bed bunk rooms, triple room, standard double rooms, twin/double ensuite rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your YHA Rotorua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yha Treks Backpackers Rotorua
- Yha Treks Backpackers Hotel Rotorua