“Great spot in Rotorua”

Crash Palace
colorado
“Great spot in Rotorua”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I was only there one night, but I enjoyed the atmosphere while staying at Crash Palace. Friendly staff and laid back vibe. Back patio was nice spot to chill as well. Only downside is you cant bring in your own alcohol while the front desk/bar is open. Wish I could have stayed longer though

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
crash1977, Owner at Crash Palace, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
thanks for the review mate hope you had a great trip around NZ look forward to your return some day. safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed December 18, 2012

me and my friends were staying at this very nice backpackers. i slept in a twin room with another friend, and 3 other friends in dorms. one of my friends, after paying 23$ for a dorm bed, found himself SLEEPING ON THE COUCH at night because his bed was taken while we were in the common area! now staff member were to be found or reached!!!
at morning when addressing the clerk - Chriss Wood if my memory serves me well - MY FRIEND WAS ACTUALLY BLAMED FOR THIS INCIDENCE!!
not only spending good 23 good nzd for sleeping on a sofa, but also get blamed for it - sorry sir but i don't appreciate this kind of attitude.

part from this unfortunate incidence - a really nice place. very clean and tidy, space-full, good atmosphere, great facilities. sadly for me and my friends this incidence and especially the way the staff dealt with it - kinda ruined the good impression of the place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sharon G
Crashpalace, Owner at Crash Palace, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Mr Sharon. Your friend was asked when he checked in to check that there was a bed free in the room as we thought someone had extended their stay without informing us... When he returned he told us yes there was a bed and it was free....... He was not blamed for this miss understanding and he was refunded for his stay in the morning the fact that you proceeded to make such a big deal out of a small mistake by myself meant I also asked you to leave the hostel. had your attitude been a little different we may have been more accommodating. we would stil like to wish you a safe journey through NZ
Manchester
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Having read all the other reviews I've concluded we just went on an off day as the place is absolutely fine, has some cool character about it and clean rooms, but we felt a cold atmosphere from check in, almost like we were a bit of a hassle. However, location is spot on, it's clean, reasonable price bar and decent rooms so would recommend to friends visiting Rotorua.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Crashpalace, Owner at Crash Palace, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thanks for you review i can not be here 24 hours a day to monitor what is going on here so i do use the reviews to gauge customer feedback. i am working with my staff now to ensure all customers get the same experience. I am a little disappointed you felt you were a hassle and can assure you it was not the intention of the staff to make you feel this way. like you say some people just have off days. thanks for taking the time to bring this to my attention hope you have a great Christmas and a safe new year.
Orebro, Sweden
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Was there together with my daughter in the beginning of november 2012. The people working there are really greate and helpful. The atmosphere was greate also the kitchen and togetherspaces. Really rekommend it if you are going to Rotorua.

Room Tip: We rented a Twinroom and it had a bunkbed...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Crashpalace, Owner at Crash Palace, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
thank you we are stoked that you found the palace to be a feel good place and the is our intentions to make people feel good and get the most out of their stay in Rotorua. have a great trip and merry Xmas..
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed November 22, 2012

This place is the most awesome hostel I have stayed in so far. It's clean, recently renovated has great kitchen facilities and has a hot pool. And you can tell the place was decorated with lots of dedication and energy. CHeck out the beautiful paintings all over the place. But the best thing is the welcoming atmopshere there. The moment yopu enter the room you get caught up by the chilled out but fun vibe and the good tunes. The staff made an important contribution on my stay by not only saving me quite some money with giving me their advise on cool stuff to do but also directed me to really nice places. You'll meet really great people among both the guests and the staff. Feel just like beeing among friends and having a good time

Room Tip: even the dorm rooms have enough space for finding some privacy
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Crashpalace, Owner at Crash Palace, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
well i am not sure what to say in reply to your review except thank you so so much for saying such kind things about our hostel. Reviews like this make my day, all the effort we put into our hostel worth it!! safe travels and we want to wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year for the festive season. bless :)
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This was by far the best hostel I have stayed in in New Zealand. It has been recently refurbished and is very clean and had excellent facilities. The owner and manager Chris is extremely helpful with booking excursions and always present. I stayed there twice during my time in the country and found the same atmosphere and service.

• Stayed November 2012
Crashpalace, Owner at Crash Palace, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words Emma we are truly great full you took the time to let us and others know about your experience at crash palace and we thoroughly enjoyed meeting you. we want to wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year as we head into the festive season and hope you have a great 2013. safe travels doll :)
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have stay 4 monats in crash Palace. This hostel is very cool and Chris and Paul are very friendly. The rooms are good and cleans. They have make the rooms new. They have evry day a special for the guest andt he tour with Paul was very good. This Hosstel is the best in NZ.
When I go for holidays back to NZ I come back in this very nice Hostel....

Sabrina

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Crashpalace, Owner at Crash Palace, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Hey Sabrina how are you I hope you had a great trip through NZ and have made it home safe. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review it means a lot to us we def hope to see you return to NZ and crash palace . thanks again.