Six on Union
$147
$116
Official Site
  • Pool
Prince's Gate Hotel(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
$144
$94
$484
$412
Agoda.com
Wai Ora Lakeside Spa Resort(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
$120
$99
Agoda.com
Best Western Braeside Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
$100
$92
$725
$428
Hotwire.com
$122
$118
Orbitz.com
All reviewsnew zealandfew minutes walkwould definitely stay here againgreat tipslaundry roomquiet areagood sizespa poolclose to townstayed two nightshome away from homelisasupermarketmotelkitchenettefacilitiesflash
Reviewed July 23, 2013

As a new New Zealander this was my first visit to Rotorua, I found Six on Union in the Lonely Planet & it said the owners are from Yorkshire so being from Sheffield I thought I'd try there. Great rooms & very clean, being on a budget we used the kitchen a lot & there's everything you need to prepare your own meals and the supermarket is just across the road. Tony & Lisa made us welcome, gave us great advise on the local attractions and a list of FREE things to do and see, a real bonus. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: we stayed in Room 6 it has a balcony. Great to catch the last of the sun in the evening with a glass of wine.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sixonunion, Owner at Six on Union, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Hello Gemma
Thank you for taking the time to review our motel. We're so pleased you were happy with your choice, the facilities and our recommendations. Has Steve got over being chief yet?
Good luck in your new life in NZ & we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

over the last six years I travelled to rotorua for several long and short term stays.
the six on union cant be beaten on value for money, it is located in a little side street and you don't hear all the traffic from fenton street. everything in the city is basically in walking distance three major supermarkets , just a stone throw away and restaurants you can't even count them there is that many.
the rooms got a kitchenette which was great for me since I prefer my own cooking when I am away for a few weeks at the time.
the owners are always there for you and keep the property nice and clean.
the beds are big and comfortable the bathroom spotless clean and tv got good reception. what else can you ask for.
I tried some of the other hotels in rotorua but since I discovered six on union, I always return when I go over there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dirk d

Hello Dirk & thank you for your fantastic review. The fact you keep returning is the best recommendation we could have & it's always a pleasure to welcome you back. Thank you also for mentioning our quiet & convenient location.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We found six on union from Lonely Planet. It is a nice hotel and very convenience for shopping.
We left our notebook in the room. The host of the hotel sent the PC to my country after I had left
New Zealand. I feel very very grateful!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Sixonunion, Owner at Six on Union, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Thankyou Ziyuan Q for taking the time to write a review. We know it's a busy time for you and are pleased that the vital PC has arrived safely. Wishing you good luck for the future.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I recently took visitors from the USA on a quick trip to Rotorua and booked with Six on Union for our stay following recommendations from this site and Lonely Planet. Couldn't have been happier!

Our unit was immaculately clean & well appointed. I was especially pleased to find very good quality linens on the beds & plenty of good towels. We had everything we needed for a self catering trip and the bonus was the supermarket "within spitting distance". We didn't have time to use them but the pool and spa were certainly inviting (and well maintained).

The hosts Lisa & Tony impressed. They had actually visited the "tourist" attractions and their recommendations were honest & helpful. With their help we ended up having two days full of things to do / places to see and at reasonable cost. Their recommendations included several "free" things which would really help out any budget travelers.

The neighbourhood is very quiet (great sleep) and takes, at the very, very most, 10 minutes to wander into the shopping/restaurant area of town. You can easily walk to one of the many local pubs or restaurants and walk home. Many of the tours they recommended picked up from the motel - if you are traveling without your own transport (or even if you are) it's a bonus.

Other pluses - internet charges are not unreasonable (for New Zealand).. Lisa & Tony have a delightful "book exchange" going if you are short of reading material or want to ditch a book. A DVD library available (free).. Fresh milk! Laugh if you will but how many places do you go to that give a generous jug of fresh milk instead of those heinous little pots of UHT milk! A laundry room (cheap!) with washers, driers & irons available. Rooms serviced beautifully each day. The motel has a very sound recycling plan going on which was appreciated by my "green" guests.

Personal pluses - Lisa & Tony went out of her way to find my friends a copy of a magazine on Rotorua to take with them for their memory album. When my friends were worried about one of their air bookings they made sure that they found the right travel agent to visit to confirm their itinerary. Great hosts - lets be honest. How many places have you visited that you actually remember your host's names??

I will definitely book again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Sixonunion, Manager at Six on Union, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Hi January T and thank you so much for taking, what must have been some considerable, time writing your comprehensive review. We really appreciate your support. It's great to know you and your guests were so happy with not only our motel but the places we recommended.
We really look forward to seeing you again, with your next overseas visitors.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

It's on a nice quiet road, with a huge supermarket handy on the corner. Lovely to have a pool to cool off in, and also a spa pool. I slept on the bed settee, which was extremely comfortable. Not dirty, but It was let down by little things like dead flies appearing in the shower, and a used sticking plaster in the bed!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Sixonunion, Owner at Six on Union, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Hi Alison

We are astonished that you found a used sticking plaster in the bed and can only apologise for this and also wonder why it wasn't mentioned at the time. as this would have put us in a better position to find out how this had happened. We're not sure how this could have happened as all beds are stripped and sheets changed when guests check out. The dead flies are a fact of life when windows are open during the night. Thank you for acknowledging that the unit was clean.
We are pleased to see you enjoyed the location, the comfortable bed & pool.

Kind regards