All reviewsthe penthousemid winterlocation was perfecta bit tiredapartmentbedroomlake
Reviewed March 20, 2017

Brilliant view!

Worth the price of admission - sitting on the deck looking out on the Bay of Plenty is amazing on a beautiful day.

However, the accommodations are a bit tired and the kitchen was clean-ish.

We stayed in the penthouse, and the only real complaint was that the folks below talked and talked and talked, and smoked and smoked and smoked outside our bedroom window (not the fault of the owners, but there is no one fon site to ensure really good guest behaviour).

Again, for a night or two, the view is fantastic and the balcony/deck is brilliant.

Room Tip: The penthouse has a brilliant view from the deck/balcony.
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2016

When I think back to all the accommodation that I've stayed in in New Zealand, I think back possibly the most fondly to my stay at Diana's Place in Rotorua. I've even rebooked with my friends and family. Sure this place is set up more as a backpackers in which you all share an apartment with other people so you should go in with that expectation. My husband and I were lucky enough to get the apartment to ourselves that nice which was just a treat. But its affordable, has so many resources, the Rotorua smell wasn't so direct, and I felt this place had a lot of the finishing touches. The space in these apartment is a lot so it's great for big families that need a big space on their trip. It has a spa bath and they even have things like board games and cereal and toast for breakfast. So if you're a big family or group I'd highly recommend giving this little gem a go! (Note, I stayed there two nights in June 2014, it doesn't let me go that far back)

Room Tip: Book out in big groups or low season to get the best experience. There isn't always parking so find a place in advance. There's no reception
  • Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2016

Shower floods the bathroom and they need a new cooking stove in the kitchen - both of which do not seem big deal to fix. Apart from that the facilities are good and the overall value is fine, close to centre of town and lake.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2016

We booked Diana's place at short notice and got the double room as it was only for one night- were't expecting anything too crash hot as it was relatively inexpensive but were pleasantly surprised. the double room was an okay size with and en-suite bathroom which was grand - there was a storage cupboard as well which helped out as we had a few hiking bags etc that we weren't keen on leaving in the cars. We had the downstairs apartment which has 3 bedrooms - each could be rented to a different group- there was a couple in the other room but we barely saw them. the Apartment itself is well equipped and a decent size, there a hot tub on the balcony- which overlooks the lake. It's 5-10 minutes from eat street /city centre on foot as well so ideally located.
Only issue, not one of the owners making, is that there were a lot of flies around in the evening and morning as we were coming and going - don't know if that's seasonal or due to the proximity to the lake though.

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 5, 2016 via mobile

Most of the pictures seem to be of the apartment upstairs- which looks lovely. However description of this place is misleading on some booking sites they call themselves "Lakeview apartments" but it is a statehouse which is only clear once you serve. My "queen bedroom/apartment" was awful the furniture is old and no air conditioning either (don't open your windows mosquitos are rife) the bathroom needed repair as you can see from my pictures there was exposed gib.
My "lake view" was an abandoned overgrown property next door.
The "continental breakfast" was stale cereal and a loaf of dairy $1 bread. Parking - there is none I was told via text to park across the road at the hospital - there are signs everywhere saying tow away area this car park is for staff and patients only!
Also note this property is not staffed - I got given a code for the door and parking instructions via text.
Noise was awful - the apartment upstairs especially who liked to used four letter words often, yell and have the TV was so loud I knew what shows they were watching. I text the property manager twice regarding this-the noise went on well after 11pm. They ignored my first text!they replied to my second at 10.30pm saying they would "call" the occupants. Which they did not (as I would of been able to hear had their phone rung!)
Final straw is there is no TV or radio in the rooms (only the apartment upstairs gets private TV/radio) meaning you have to share the tv in the main area with whoever else is staying that night hardly relaxing.
I paid $120+ which was advertised as a "special deal" price.
I will be taking the description of this property as "Lake view apartments" up with my booking website.

Stayed: March 2016, traveled on business