“Really informative”

Happy Ewe Cycle Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Happy Ewe Cycle Tours provide a guided bicycle adventure around central Rotorua. We ride at a leisurely pace to 27 key historical, geothermal and cultural sights. With no hills to climb and very little traffic to navigate our beach cruisers will keep you comfortable as you enjoy the many opportunities to take photos.
Reviewed April 23, 2014

As a tall chap, I was a little worried if I'd fit the bikes. There's not many bikes I actually fit. But Roger had plenty, including one that suited me down to the ground, and riding it was rather like riding a chopper as a kid!

The tour itself was relaxed, fun and informative, and I'd happily recommend it to anyone. Excellent fun!

There are newer reviews for Happy Ewe Cycle Tours

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Because of the thunderstorm that threatened to force everyone in Rotorua indoors, Roger gave us a call beforehand to see if we wanted to cancel. We thought about it and decided not to. We've never done a cycle tour in torrential rain before, and neither has Roger ... so it was going to be an experience for everyone involved.

Anyway, super glad that we didn't cancel because the weather was very cooperative. It only really stopped us once in the entire 3 hours. Most times, the rain meant that the weather was nice and cool and that when the sun came out and hit the little droplets of water in the air, our surroundings became a cornucopia of light and colour ... absolutely breath-taking!

Apart from that, the tour itself was very interesting and educational. We learnt so much about the history, fauna and flora of Rotorua (and in a sense, New Zealand). However, the real gem of this tour is Roger's insightful knowledge about the hidden areas of Rotorua. A visitor will never venture out to these places ... heck, a local might not even know of them ... but Roger does! And he will take you there to marvel at the natural beauty that is Rotorua!

This tour will be perfect for people who like:
- something off the beaten track
- something different and less commercialised
- eco tourism
- not too much physical activity
- nature
- family fun
- personalised service
- local culture and history

Ps. For people worried about being on a bike ... don't worry, the ride is as fast or as slow as you need it to be, and Roger is great at accommodating people's abilities.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

We had such a great time. Roger is so knowledgeable and just wonderful. Neither my husband nor I are very athletic, but it was a very comfortable and manageable ride. We learned so much and thoroughly enjoyed every part of the tour.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

As a local (15yrs), I was invited on this your by our American Visitors and thought why not? I am so pleased I did. The weather was fantastic, the bikes charming and basic, brought back memories of my childhood, no gears to get confused with. Roger is a delightful, funny, informed local who has a great wit and sense of humour. Our morning tour was over before we knew it and I learnt so much about Rotorua in that short time and saw amazing sites that I hadn't visited before even though I knew they were there. Roger looked after our visitors very well - KEEP LEFT - and kept the pace suited to our slowest rider. The bikes were comfortable and easy to manage - suitable for all ages and all levels of fitness. I can't recommend the tour enough. Well done Roger. I haven't had so much fun in ages. Shirley

Reviewed April 7, 2014

What a cruisy, interesting way to spend an afternoon in Rotorua. The cycle tour was informative, a great way to get some fresh air, and a really great overview of Rotorua and the town's history.
Roger is the best! As he said - by the end of the tour I would know more about Rotorua than some locals, and I definitely agree. Roger was more than happy to accommodate a last minute booking from me as well.
Thanks again and it was great to meet you! :-)