“Amazing food, cozy atmosphere!”

Leonardo's Pure Italian
Ranked #14 of 233 Restaurants in Rotorua
Cuisines: Italian, Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Leonardo's is a small, family owned restaurant, Yuka and Leo have been in hospitality for more than 20 years all together. Our Menu is quite small only because we work only with the freshest products possible. For the same reason we change our menu very often, to try new flavours and recipe. The restaurant is open for dinner 7 nights a week.
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Looked up restaurantas here on Tripadvisor and thought that this one sounds too good to be true, but we'll test it! It's a tiny restaurant and you'll need a reservation to fit in most nights! Went with the family, the kids got coloring sets straight away. Loved the food, the wine and the staff! Ate tuna and I've never had anything as good as this in my life!! Ever in Rotorua - you should definetly book a table!!

LeonardoandYuka, Owner at Leonardo's Pure Italian, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Hi there, I am so glad we did meet your expectations, you and your family had a wonderful time with and that is all it matter. Thank you so much

There are newer reviews for Leonardo's Pure Italian

Reviewed January 29, 2014

As others have said this place gets it right - service with a smile, delicious home cooked food and a fun atmosphere. Definitely a highlight of our trip to Rotorua.

Hi vermagic, Thank you for your review. Leonardo's team is very happy to have enhanced your staying in New Zealand. If you ever come back, please come and see us. Take care for now

Reviewed January 28, 2014

As it says, never fails to disappoint every time. Us locals are so lucky to have Leonardo in Rotorua. Can't wait for your crackling pig!

Hi there, thank you so much. We are the lucky ones, to have locals like you. We will probably start from next week

Reviewed January 27, 2014

after reading trip advisor reviews we booked well in advance....... we were there with our 2 small children who we spent 2 months travelling round ital with, so they loved italian food and none of us were disappointed!!! we started with the antipasto plate, the bruscetta was delicious and the meats and dips too. my husband had the lamb and loved it and i had the tagliatele which was divine, kids both had the carbonara which was a little too salty for their taste.
we were too full for dessert, but had a lovely evening :)

HI there, thank you so much for taking time and write the review about us. I am so happy you enjoyed your evening with and I am sorry about the pasta too salty. Looking forward to have you here again

Reviewed January 27, 2014

This is a small restaurant which my friends and I tried for the first time last weekend, the service was faultless there was no problem when requesting that a couple of items be swapped on a dish. The pasta was superb and prices excellent. I would highly recommend this lovely Italian restaurant - I am from Auckland and was visiting Rotorua, best Italian meal I have had for a long time and will certainly go back next time I am in rotorua.

LeonardoandYuka, Owner at Leonardo's Pure Italian, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Hi there, at Leonardo's we are always happy to accommodate every customer as much as we could. I am so happy to hear that this time we accomplished it. Thanks