“Wish I'd Read These Reviews” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nando's

Nando's
Ranked #84 of 219 Restaurants in Rotorua
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rotorua, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
“Wish I'd Read These Reviews”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

Not overly impressed with the service. Cashier seemed impatient when I was making my decision and even started drumming his fingers on the counter whilst I was pondering. As mentioned for some strange reason you had to pay extra for the L&P. Bottle size a perhaps but I don't think so, because it's made of glass? Given that either he larger meal you received a 600ml bottle I thought this shouldn't matter. When out meals arrived there was no cutlery on the table nor were we given any so had to scrounge off tables in another section.

Dublin, Ireland
“Bad service and bad value for money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

We visited Nandos in Rotorua expecting the same quality and service as we do in Ireland which is excellent,unfortunately this was not the case... We ordered two mains with sides,one of these sides did not arrive until after we finished our main course. It was only a corn on the cob so we were surprised to see it 15mins late and cold and under cooked. When we went to get glasses there were no clean ones even though the restaurant was empty. After our unsatisfying meal we decided to cheer it up by getting dessert. We walked over to see what was on offer,the guy helping behind the counter had no idea what each of the 4 selection of desserts were. We decided on an Oreo cheesecake which was a huge disappointment. It was probably the worst dessert iv ever had,it was stale and tasteless and did not have the texture of cheesecake. I reluctantly brought it back to change it for another one but i was told it was 'fresh'. The replacement slice of cake we got was lemon cheesecake,it wasn't quite as bad but still not great at all. The staff did not apologize for this inconvenience,I will certainly not be returning here

• Visited September 2013
Rotorua, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
“good lunch bad cakes and coffee”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

have come here on a few different occasions for lunch and coffees. Ive had burgers wraps and pita pockets which were all great, very tasty and well priced. the $2 coffees are exactly that.may as well make instant at home but what can you really expect when you pay that price? i had a cake there once which was horrible it tasted like it had been in that fridge for a week!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kaitaia, Northland, New Zealand
“Great Food and Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

We recently had dinner here and were very impressed at the quality of the food and the hospitality of the hosts. The chicken tenderloins are my personal favourite though other family members loved the espetadas. Would happily recommend to lovers of chicken and hot foods.

Visited September 2013
Rotorua, New Zealand
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

We ordered two grande meals where you can choose a soft drink. We wanted L&P and could see it in their fridge but some strange reason we weren't allowed it so had to choose some other soft drink. Four of us were dining. The other 3 were served their food but mine arrived 10-15 minutes later with no explanation or apology. I ordered the vege paella with mild flavouring. When it finally arrived it was so spicy I couldn't eat it. The waitress insisted it was mild and the best she could do was put some milder sauce on top to try to mask the flavour but it was still too hot. Others with me tried it and said it was way too spicy to be mild. The food the others had was very mediocre. We won't be going back.

• Visited September 2013