“Tasty Food”

Chimney Indian Restaurant
Ranked #75 of 227 Restaurants in Rotorua
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to Chimney Indian Restaurant, one of Rotorua's most popular spots for the Entrees, tandooris and curries of India. We're open 7 days a week
Whangarei, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty Food”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We've just moved to Rotorua and enjoy Indian food, so this is our first one to try. Good to see the restaurant full of Indian guests (thats a good sign that the food is going to be good) and more than fake Indian dishes on the menu, I had a potato dosa - beautiful!! Service could be improved but the food made up for the wait.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank indianjasmine1

Newbury, United Kingdom
“Awful”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Unfortunately we were in a rush to eat before heading to the cinema, so we went to the Chimney as it was across the road. My husband ordered an onion bhaji for a starter. What arrived was a bizzare plate of deep fried onion strings. We've never seen bhaji's done in this way, it just seemed like the bhaji had disintergrated in the fryer. My curry was incredibly bland, and my husband's was no better. You get a huge portion but I had to leave most of it. The food was very cheap so we should have known the quality might be low, but we were very disspointed.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Becky W
CHENNAI,INDIA
“Good food and service”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

The only time I eat Indian food when travelling abroad is when I go for my medical school reunions.That is the reason I appreciate good Indian food overseas.This restaurant is great but run by srilankans. I am not surprised.our cuisines are almost similar.

• Visited October 2013
Tumkur, Karnataka, India
“Good food but small place with slow service!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We zeroed in on Chimney and set off in 6 degree cold towards Eruera street. The place was small and cosy, probably a house converted into a restaurant, with a super dumb waiter who went blank at everything we said. Food was pretty good, we actually dared to order poori bhaji and were happy with what we got and how quick the service was. The bill was also quite reasonable.

Visited May 2013
Rotorua, New Zealand
“Best Curry in Town Hands Down”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

These Guys are the best Indian Chefs i have EVER tasted. They have won my loyalty with their service, food, and atmosphere. I encourage EVERYONE to go here and experience how great this place is. Butter Chicken, Garlic Naan and a Beer..... FANTASTIC

Visited July 2013