“Great customer service and coffee”

McDonalds Family Restuarant
Ranked #76 of 224 Restaurants in Rotorua
Rotorua
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great customer service and coffee”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We are frequent visitors to the Rotorua Fenton Street McCafe, because the customer service is phenomenal, we get our mochaccinos about 4 x's a week from Jae, Justin,John, and JIHO, sorry if this is misspelt. They greet us by name and are such a friendly bunch. We always get a smile and the service is impeccable.We would recommend you go to Rotorua Fenton Street for your daily fix, as I consider myself a coffee connoisseur, and Rotorua has many barista's, but noone makes a better mocha than the boys at Rotorua Fenton St. Cheers Maria/Jahna

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
TOLGA
“Beautiful Building inside”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Even if you aren't a McDonald's fan, go have a look at the beautiful Maori themed inside of the building. The nicest McDonald's I've ever seen.

Visited August 2013
Hamilton, New Zealand
“A bit off their Game”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The place was clean and tidy but the service was a bit lacking by some of the staff, but not all. The food was ok but not what I am use to and the fries were well passed there best by date and had to throw them away. When we went looking for a quick fed during our stay in Rotorua we drove passed to look for another fast food outlet.

Visited September 2013
Sydney, Australia
“A clean and tidy McDonalds”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

McDonalds is McDonalds the world over but this restaurant was very clean and tidy, staff were friendly and the decor certainly matched the area.

Visited May 2013
Porirua, New Zealand
“Check the sum, don't pay more than you should.”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

It is located at a busy corner in the middle of the city, with a children playroom, so the restaurant seems always busy.

We went to this restaurant in 2 consecutive days and ordered the same chicken nugget happy meal with fruit bag instead of the fries, however I was charged differently. I was charged $2 more. in the latter day. I questioned the female staff. and was told I had to pay extra for the fruit bag because I did not want the fries. I insisted that she asked another staff how to press a particular button, as it has happened at other McDonald's throughout New Zealand, depends on the experience of the staff member. 2 other seemingly her seniors came over and told me to pay the extra $2. Finally a more senior staff came over and showed them how to use the computer system.

I do understand the price for happy meals at McDonald's varies, depends on the location/city as they are individually owned, but it should not charge differently for the same food in the same restaurant in different days. When you questioned, they came up with an unacceptable reason. I have been buying happy meals over 10 years and know our children have the choice of chips or fruit bag without paying extra.

After all, I paid what I should have, however, they said my boy could only have fries after we paid and waited, with the reason they had no fruit bag!!!

Advice: Do the sum before you order.

• Visited April 2013