“Spacious”

The Kurious Kiwi Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: New Zealand
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Kurious Kiwi is the place to come and toast the famous kiwi you know and love! We are open daily from 11.30am and pride ourselves on providing fresh NZ cuisine whenever possible. You can try our NZ Lamb Rump, NZ Pulled Pork, Roast Chicken & Mushroom Pie or one of our yummy sandwiches or burgers. We have an amazing NZ Wine List to try with some of the best NZ wines in the world!We can cater for any type of function with our private Moa Room and love to cater for big groups. Come in and enjoy a NZ beer or cocktail in our Kea Lounge Bar or sunny outside area or try one of NZ cuts of meat from our Butcher's Block or meals from our extensive menu.
“Spacious”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Food here was ok. Bowl of chips (very small serve) was $4 which I thought was a bit over the top. The aoili was a bit bland. Had the pulled pork wrap which was also a bit tasteless. Probably would not return as there are a lot of restaurants in Rotorua to choose from.

Visited August 2013

Rotorua, New Zealand
“Excellent meal but poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Had a great meal on the Friday 2nd Aug, arrived around 07.30pm and waited for 15 min before being served. There was only 4 tables occupied and one of the waiters was cleaning tables.
The lady that served us was new to the job but very polite.
The fish and chips was great. Been there before and the service was excellent, maybe a bad day.

• Visited August 2013
Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
“A cook who knows how to cook steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is pretty close to fine dinning. A pleasant atmosphere, well set out tables, and a cook who can handle a very well done steak and a medium rare steak without one being cold. Well worht a visit.

Visited July 2013
Oberlin, Ohio
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

In town for the weekend and stopped here on a Saturday afternoon not long after it opened. We were one of two groups in the restaurant and were given our choice of table. Being one of only two groups in the restaurant I would have expected the service to be better, but there were long breaks in between seeing the server. When the bill came my beer was not on the tab. I was honest about it and was told thank you for being honest. I would have appreciated maybe getting it free, but saying something meant I paid the full price. Oh well, I did order it. Food was ok, nothing spectacular. I would choose another place the next time I'm in Rotorua.

• Visited June 2013
Rotorua, New Zealand
“Is probably ok for most, but sadly I wont be coming back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Ok so i don’t like giving bad reviews, but.... Had lunch on a Saturday for a birthday in the family. There were only a few tables of people in at the time. We ordered some drinks because we were waiting on some people. I asked for water for the table which took quite some time. Menu is a little bit more orientated towards meat eaters, not a lot of vege choices. I had the thai pumpkin soup, which arrived at room temp at best. I really should have asked for it to be reheated. The soup was less pumpkin and more like eating a bowl of Thai curry minus the veges or meat part, it was extremely rich and i felt very unwell a few hours later. Overall the food took a long time to come out for what seemed like a quiet Saturday lunch. My tip for service would be have one waiter deal with the table. The girl who took our order wasnt the same person who delivered the food and there’s nothing more annoying than someone yelling down a long table 'whos got the soup, whos got the chips' etc. Anyway over all the meals seemed to be good quality but looked a lil silly on the over sized plates. And the service needs a really good tweak.

• Visited June 2013