“A cook who knows how to cook steak”

The Kurious Kiwi Restaurant & Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Kurious Kiwi is the place to come and toast the famous kiwi you know and love! We are open daily from 11.30am and pride ourselves on providing fresh NZ cuisine whenever possible. You can try our NZ Lamb Rump, NZ Pulled Pork, Roast Chicken & Mushroom Pie or one of our yummy sandwiches or burgers. We have an amazing NZ Wine List to try with some of the best NZ wines in the world!We can cater for any type of function with our private Moa Room and love to cater for big groups. Come in and enjoy a NZ beer or cocktail in our Kea Lounge Bar or sunny outside area or try one of NZ cuts of meat from our Butcher's Block or meals from our extensive menu.
Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
“A cook who knows how to cook steak”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is pretty close to fine dinning. A pleasant atmosphere, well set out tables, and a cook who can handle a very well done steak and a medium rare steak without one being cold. Well worht a visit.

Visited July 2013

Oberlin, Ohio
“Average”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

In town for the weekend and stopped here on a Saturday afternoon not long after it opened. We were one of two groups in the restaurant and were given our choice of table. Being one of only two groups in the restaurant I would have expected the service to be better, but there were long breaks in between seeing the server. When the bill came my beer was not on the tab. I was honest about it and was told thank you for being honest. I would have appreciated maybe getting it free, but saying something meant I paid the full price. Oh well, I did order it. Food was ok, nothing spectacular. I would choose another place the next time I'm in Rotorua.

Rotorua, New Zealand
“Is probably ok for most, but sadly I wont be coming back”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Ok so i don’t like giving bad reviews, but.... Had lunch on a Saturday for a birthday in the family. There were only a few tables of people in at the time. We ordered some drinks because we were waiting on some people. I asked for water for the table which took quite some time. Menu is a little bit more orientated towards meat eaters, not a lot of vege choices. I had the thai pumpkin soup, which arrived at room temp at best. I really should have asked for it to be reheated. The soup was less pumpkin and more like eating a bowl of Thai curry minus the veges or meat part, it was extremely rich and i felt very unwell a few hours later. Overall the food took a long time to come out for what seemed like a quiet Saturday lunch. My tip for service would be have one waiter deal with the table. The girl who took our order wasnt the same person who delivered the food and there’s nothing more annoying than someone yelling down a long table 'whos got the soup, whos got the chips' etc. Anyway over all the meals seemed to be good quality but looked a lil silly on the over sized plates. And the service needs a really good tweak.

Greytown, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best meal!!!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The food is fantastic and the staff are awesome, very helpful. We ate there for our two nights staying in Rotorua. Highly recommend to everyone and we will return again next year.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Donna F
Auckland, New Zealand
“very pleasent”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

well we came in on 15th june and the place was really busy, (think the alblacks were playing against france)
we already booked a table so knew we would be ok, we got sat by a gentleman that did not seem very happy and dragged his feet the whole way, he sat us down and just left. No smile or enthusiasm.
Thankfully we had a really pleasant waitress who was really attentive and really bubbly all evening and you could see this by all the other tables she served. Even though the restaurant was busy i saw her havin a good long chat with a table next to us. How lovely we thought.
The food was delicious and would definately recommend this restaurant, just hope you get the waitress we had, think she was english but not sure.