“Amazing!!”

$33.52*
and up
Half-Day Self-Guided Mountain Bike Journey through Whakarewarewa Redwood Forest
More attraction details
Owner description: The official Whakarewarewa Redwood Forest Mountain Bike Hire and Tour company.
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

As an avid cyclist and occasional MTB racer in Melbourne Australia, I was very much looking forward to the 2 'free days' I'd have in Rotorua during our 2012 family holiday.
Researching the Red woods and MTBing therein, I found these guys.
Via email, Tuhua the Manager and his team were immediately helpful and I decided to reserve a bike then spent the next fortnight salivating.
The Red woods are amazing but had Tuhua not invested 30 minutes of his time mapping out the best routes in accordance with my riding style and preferences I suspect I'd have been lost within a minute and not enjoyed them the way I eventually did.
Thanks to the time and advice offered, as well as the 'adequate' bike (at a very reasonable price) I had 2 of the best days of my life!
Do it !!!!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Rich_Kemp_67

Auckland, New Zealand
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A thrilling ride for all levels of experience”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I wouldn't normally choose to go mountain biking for two hours but I'm so glad I had this experience. The staff are friendly and helpful, the bikes are easy to ride and the forest is absolutely beautiful. There are a range of tracks to suits all levels of experience, so I rode the kids track a couple of times to get my confidence up before undertaking a longer and more difficult ride. The ride was a thrilling adventure and although we got a little lost (our own fault) after a call back to base we were quickly put back on track. A great way to experience the beauty of the forest (and work off some of that yummy Rotorua kai).

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Jager_Cat
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great fun for all ages and experiences!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my two hour trek. There is over 180 km of tracks and the staff will cater to your requirements. The staff were really, really friendly and helpful. The track I took had beautiful red wood forests and clearings. There was also a hill where u can see a stunning view of Rotorua. There was a section called The Dipper which was fantastic fun, so I got a really good mix of terrains and fun challenges! Worth it if u want a reasonably priced activity for the mid morning/afternoon!

Visited April 2013
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
6 attraction reviews
“Awesome”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

One of the best ways to see what Rotorua has to offer in terms of the forestry areas around the city. The team has a very friendly, down to earth manner about them but at the same time very professional. They set the bikes up according to your specs (height etc). The tour is great and is dependent on the skill level and confidence of the group... The best part for me was the service of the team - like you have known them and they are old friends. All are locals who use the trails everyday and know exactly where the best spots are to go. Awesome scenery and something magical and very fresh about the forest.

Visited March 2013
Tennessee
“Really nice team with excellent bikes”
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Hired 4 bikes for a small group from work, Tu and the team took the time to ensure that each bike was personally set up for our heights, weights and riding style. Super friendly, explained everything they were doing and made sure we were comfortable and confident before setting off. Highly professional setup and highly recommended.