“Not for me but husband loved it .”

Rotorua Canopy Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$106.26*
and up
Rotorua Forest Zipline Canopy Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Opened in August 2012. Explore the ancient forest of the Mamaku Plateau 10 minutes from Rotorua on New Zealand's only native forest zipline canopy tour. An incredible experience built and opened in 2012 this 3 hour eco adventure includes tree platforms up to 22 metres above the forest floor, 6 ziplines and 2 tree to tree swing bridges. In small groups of up to ten people you will be accompanied by two highly trained guides who will teach you about the rare New Zealand flora and fauna and the conservation efforts to protect them. Every plant and tree species you see, you will not see in any other country on earth!!
Mooloolah Valley, Australia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Not for me but husband loved it .”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Not really my cup of tea . I am a little inpatient so it was testing me, all the waiting around as we each had our turn. My husband loved it ,if he was reviewing would be 5 stars ,just a personal thing I guess. The guides were excellent and their knowledge extensive. , it was shame there was very lttle birdlife to hear or see but they are working on that with projects in place to bring back the birdlife and wipe out there predators.

Visited March 2013
James F, Owner at Rotorua Canopy Tours, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thanks for your review and great your enjoyed the guides so much - we focus so much on getting the right people! Finding yourself 22 metres (60 something feet) up a 500 year old tree in a virgin New Zealand forest is a 'once in a lifetime' experience. Standing up there and soaking up the stunning environment you are in is as much a part of our tour as flying down the ziplines - we never rush our tours! It's not about waiting your turn - the whole experience is a single journey. And as for the wildlife - that forest is on it's way to becoming one of the most famous in New Zealand with the conservation programme we have underway. Thanks again for the review - it's great for readers to be able to weigh up all the different views when making a decision.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Rotorua
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“My birthday present (60th)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

What a fantastic tour,it was fun,well lead by Brad and Alex,very informative,loved the rat presentation.Would have loved to have gone around again.This is going to be a valuable asset to Rotorua tourist industry.Well done guys.

1 Thank Ian B
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

I accompanied an overseas visitor on this tour. The guides were professional and had a thorough knowledge of their environment. They also put other members of our group at ease and you could see them grow from the experience.

The scenery was breath taking and I really enjoyed the zip slides too. This tour made me proud to be a New Zealander and isn't just for tourists. I really appreciated the eco-friendly aspect of the experience too.

1 Thank shoreshaz
Trinity Beach, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“MUST DO”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

WOW if you only had time to do one thing in NZ this would be it. The staff are super friendly, funny. helpful and patient. Oh and a great sense of humour. From signing in, to having your harness and helmets fitted, to the bus ride, to the forest and back - it was awesome from go to whoa. Even the getting to know you part on the bus was fun.
The smile on my 6 year old's face is priceless. 3 days on and she is still beaming. We will be coming back for sure. This was the highlight of our holiday and I hope apart from the rush, we were also educated on the saving of and the destruction of this beautiful part of the world.
Get behind this fantastic attraction - young and old it is something you will be talking about for years.

England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience - Highly recomended.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

A short trip to Rotorua, and decided that this was a 'must do'.
WOW! A brilliant day.
Fun, beautiful and an amazing feeling of being right in the heart of nature.
The zipwires were exciting, but we felt perfectly safe. Interesting to hear about the environmental issues and how the company are making a positive contribution to the local environment.
Thank you RCT for a day we will never forget.