“FANTASTIC experience!”

and up
Rotorua Forest Zipline Canopy Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Opened in August 2012. Explore the ancient forest of the Mamaku Plateau 10 minutes from Rotorua on New Zealand's only native forest zipline canopy tour. An incredible experience built and opened in 2012 this 3 hour eco adventure includes tree platforms up to 22 metres above the forest floor, 6 ziplines and 2 tree to tree swing bridges. In small groups of up to ten people you will be accompanied by two highly trained guides who will teach you about the rare New Zealand flora and fauna and the conservation efforts to protect them. Every plant and tree species you see, you will not see in any other country on earth!!
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have wanted to do this since I first heard about Canopy Tours. I was excited when hubby surprised me with the trip one day. It exceeded my expectations!
I LOVED the zip lining!! Even managed to, purposefully, go upside down!
Thought I would have heard all the conservation talk before but no, I learned some and have an even better appreciation of conservation efforts and reasons now too.
The guides were fabulous without any over-the-top excitement you can get from some places. The gear was easy to get in to and wear and I felt safe at all times.
I want to go again!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,261)

Reviewed April 2, 2013

This was my first time ziplining since I was in the boy-scouts and we built a flying fox whilst on camp. These zip-lines are well-engineered and the guides had a good safety mentality. Our female guide was calm, competent and interesting whilst our male guide was more hyperactive. The discussion of the ecological challenges posed by introduced species was enlightening. The rides are safe and fun, with the longest being 220m. I liked the opportunity to ride upside-down on the last zip-line :-)

If you are seriously afraid of heights, then you might find this activity not to your liking, or it might help you to overcome your phobia. They will escort you back to the van if you need it, but that would be a waste of a fun and safe activity.

The eldest person they've had on their zip-lines was in their mid-eighties and the youngest was four.

I'd recommend this activity as one of the best things to do in Rotorua.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

These guys are awesome! Had a total blast and stepped way out of my comfort zone. Would highly recommend this experience and would go back and do it again :)

Reviewed April 1, 2013

i booked a 15:45 excursion the morning of and got quite an awesome experience. You learn as you go along and Dan and Elsie were just so much fun, great personalities on those two! The weather was perfect and hitting up the forest in the late afternoon gives everything a pretty light in addition to the gorgeous foliage of an old growth forest.

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Had a wonderful time, there's the exciting zip lining, but you also learn about the conservation of the forest and what the company are doing to help it and its wildlife.
Our guides were awesome, Elsie and Dan were fun and friendly people that made me feel completely at ease.
I'd definitely recommend doing this to anyone.