“Great value”

Ranked #14 of 92 Hotels in Rotorua
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great value”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Excellent customer service and very reasonable price for the space and location.. pool is very nice .. kidz had a great time.. This place is pet free so carpet is very hygiene. Car park is right next to your unit so its very convienient coming late night. Super market and my fav Mad butchers :) were right opposite so meat lovers can really enjoy wth a good deal on your groceries for BBQ.. BBQ and the kitchen was very well maintained as well. Over all very neat and clean.. staff quite friendly too :). If I visit Rotorua again .. without a doubt Rotovegas will be the place to be..

Room Tip: One bedroom spa is very good for 4 adults and 2 kids may be :)...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HeywoodsMotel, Owner at RotoVegas Motel of Rotorua, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Kia Ora Ajit,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I hope you enjoyed your trip back to Wellington. You will be pleased to know that we just had a guest stay with us and they asked about the Mad Butcher (thanks to your review)! It is so important for other potential guests to read what else there is, in and around the motel when they book - as sadly some guests just book on price and then discover they don't have an outside pool or a bbq (gated) area, or across the road from a supermarket - let alone a good value for money clean and tidy unit!
So thank you again for your comments and feedback on RotoVegas Motel.
Take care and we look forward to hosting you and your family again sometime.

Cheers Natalee @ RotoVegas Motel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Great location for starting trips in & around rotorua! Relaxing and clean pool and poolhouse to unwind. Owners are very friendly and give great tips in and around Rotorua. Definately recommended when staying in Rotorua.

• Stayed January 2013
Kia Ora Kiek,

Glad you had a great time with us and we hope you had a fun time travelling around Rotorua.

Happy Travels
Natalee @ RotoVegas Motel
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed February 3, 2013

we loved our stay at RotoVegas Motel, fantastic staff, very welcoming! The entire property is tidy and clean, the pool is fabulous, the kids loved it (so did mum), supermarkets are very handy and its SO close to town and arterials to go on activities for the day. I stayed with my 2 kids (5.5 and 7) plus my parents and it was great for all of us. While the kids wanted to swim in the pool the grandparents could wander into town and explore (while mum sat back and relaxed)
:-)

Kia Ora,

We always like to get feedback and I am so glad you and the kids liked the pool area. It makes for such a fun holiday (and is included in the rate). RotoVegas Motel is becoming more and more popular with our guests because of the playground and pool area for families and guests that like to escape from the hot sun for a while and relax in the pool or sit around the pool and read a book.

Happy Summer
Natalee @ RotoVegas Motel
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Done up with an eye for detail and a sense of fun, definitely miles away from the average motel. My kids and I stayed for one night in January, they loved the outdoor heated pool and the trampoline, and I really enjoyed relaxing by the pool with a glass of wine (supermarket just across the road is very handy!) and loved the retro deco and all the bath goodies we got. Kitchen had everything we needed, and I smiled when I saw it even included a couple of cooking books from a bygone era. Very clean and tidy, crisp sheets and beautifully rolled towels, it felt like a real treat! Plus the hosts are really lovely and well travelled, and they went out of their way to provide us with info, suggestions and maps of places to visit. And they even spoke some Spanish!
Would thoroughly recommend it. (My daughter has just reminded me that the phone in our room looked like lips! :-} ).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HeywoodsMotel, Owner at RotoVegas Motel of Rotorua, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Hola Cecilia,

Thank you for a lovely review - I am glad you and your delightful children had a great stay with us at RotoVegas Motel. I really enjoy seeing all the kids having fun in the outside heated pool - it' fun FREE entertainment.

Hope to see you down this way again sometime soon.

Cheers Natalee
Gisborne, New Zealand
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed here in January and were more than pleased. The rooms were clean and tidy and decorated well. Free Wifi was a definite bonus and the Spa was a great success with my young children. The location was also a great bonus as we were walking distance to the town centre and main restaurants. The reception area was neat and tidy and spacious and the staff were above and beyond what you would normally expect from a motel. We would definitely stay again (and did a week later) and would recommend this to anyone looking for a place to stay in Rotorua. Big thumbs up!!

Room Tip: If you have a lot of Luggage then ask for a room downstairs.
Kia Ora Peter,

Coming from another Motelier this review is very pleasing to Bryce and me. I know how business you can be, so thank you for taking the time to review us. I am so glad you enjoyed the large one bedroom spa unit and the outside heated pool.
FREE WiFi is a must now days when travelling, so we ensure all of our guests receive this to stay in touch with family and friends back home.

We do hope to see you and your family again sometime - and all the best in sunny Gisborne!

Cheers Natalee @ Rotovegas Motel
Auckland
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We have stayed in many different Rotorua motels over 25 years. This one is good but perhaps not quite up to expectations from good reviews here. I did enjoy the retro yet well-stocked kitchen, especially the touch of 3 1970s cook books on top of the cupboard ( Hudson and Halls! Alison Holst looking really young!). Found the bed fine( unit 20) but the light in from outside at the top of the curtain was distracting and we rolled up a towel to block it. Enjoyed borrowing a free DVD. We had our own Playstation with us and could play it on that to the bedroom TV so no cost for that.The owners were away and an older couple minding the place who were pleasant and helpful but perhaps not quite so knowledgeable as reviews say the owners are. Even motel owners need a break though right? Good pool area and we had fun with the in-unit spa pool which you can fill fresh every time, our 16 y old son enjoyed that. Handy location for walking to town and supermarket/Rotorua Central mall very close.A dining/restaurant brochure of some sort with opening days and location would have helped- we came back to the unit after a local Italian restaurant did not serve pizza in the evening!( what's with that?) as our son only wanted pizza, and got Pizza Hut for the unit instead- bit of a let-down.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HeywoodsMotel, Owner at RotoVegas Motel of Rotorua, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. I am delighted you liked the retro feel of our motel and enjoyed the FREE DVDs, we also offer FREE DVD players for all guests from reception. I am glad you made note of how handy we are to town; this makes us a very popular choice when booking accommodation. Sorry you did not receive a Jasons - dining guide on arrival sadly Jason’s ran out of these over this busy period.

We thank you for the feedback regarding the curtains in the unit you stayed, we will look into this and I’m sure we’ve find a solution.

It is great to have understanding guests such as yourselves and realise that a motelier needs to take a break from time to time as we work 7 days a week from 7.30am-10pm (not 9-5pm 5 days per week). However we always have great Minders on site, the older couple you're referred too (probably the normal age for a motelier actually) have run successful motels in Rotorua and continue to mind other great properties. Ian would have been more than happy to show you on a map where to eat if only you had asked him for assistance. But it was a shame we did not meet you in person. I could have recommended the Pizza Library for great dial-a-pizza; you must try them next time you are in Rotorua.

I must say however I am a tad confused as to why you rated us so low and why you thought we should have been extraordinary (your title). From over 103 reviews about RotoVegas Motel I haven't read any guests state we are ‘extraordinary’ nor do we claim this on our website! We are however a GREAT MID PRICE RANGED MOTEL. We promote - great value for money - you paid less than NZ$150 at peak season for a lovely one bedroom spa unit which I'm sure you enjoyed - that is extraordinary good value for money. I would have given us a 5/5 for value! If you are after extraordinary you might like to try The Regent of Rotorua, however you will also pay an extraordinary rate of NZ$295 per night.

Our lovely tripadvisor guests view us highly because they have seen what they pay for on-line www.rotovegasmotel.co.nz and feel we are a great value for money property - we rank higly on tripadvisor (11/150 motels) because we are not a 5 star hotel/complex but we offer a great value for money complex - WE HAVE - a great LOCATION - FREE Wifi - GREAT outside heated pool – gated family friendly bbq area - fun clean and tidy units - and GREAT service from all of our hardworking team and money left over so you can have buy a pizza!

That is what you should expect from us here at RotoVegas Motel.

Thanks again Natalee @ RotoVegas Motel
Hamilton & Waikato Region, New Zealand
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Hubby an I stayed a night, the retro feel was really fun and different, I found the spa really well done and nice to relax in, there was an awesome pool and area for kids and families,also a great spot, I also found it really quiet, on the downside, I wasn't feeling the best and the bed (for me and my hubby) was awful, we hav a brand new bed at home, so it is hard to compare to that, and the shower was showing it's age, and I sit on the floor alot, but it was well used carpet and not to inviting,

• Stayed January 2013
HeywoodsMotel, Owner at RotoVegas Motel of Rotorua, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Kia Ora Ange and Steve,

Thank you for your feedback regarding RotoVegas Motel. We are delighted to hear you loved the spa pools and the safe (gated) play area for kids along with the outside heated swimming pool. We get a number of families staying with us over the peak summer months due to the bbq and play area for families.

Glad to hear you have purchased a new bed, feel free to pack it next time - we welcome our guests to bring their own beds (ha ha) sadly this is not possible. However we feel we do have the next best thing for most of our guests - hotel sleepyhead beds are provided in the unit type you booked and our carpet was replaced in 2011 so it is disspointing to hear you think it is old (did you mean the orange retro rug instead?). You will be pleased to know that we are on the final stages of upgrading to our lovely bathroom (completed twelve already) and have four to go.

Regards